New 1080p Motorola smartphone apparently confirmed by Punit Soni, could be the Moto X+1
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 14:29 posted on
Motorola's next-gen flagship Android smartphone is expected to be released in late summer, and all major US carriers should sell it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4681; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey these Motorola phones seem to be gaining some steam...
3. iampayne (Posts: 321; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
You mean Lenovo Phones seem to be gaining steam. :-)
7. sgodsell (Posts: 2392; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Its still under Google. Also it will still have the Motorola branding. I will be getting one for sure.
13. JunitoNH (Posts: 1294; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Regardless which flag the fly, they are still rubbish.
15. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I strongly disagree. The Moto X, while not my cup of tea because I have a high end taste, is a very solid mid range device that I would suggest to any moderate smartphone user.
27. Veritas_Aurora (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
Lenovo always can combine the ambition and weak activity well
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Its call rising.... Moto is rising again.
2. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Honestly given how fast the Moto X got Kitkat and 4.4.3, and how great the Moto 360 looks, i think this might be my next. The Moto X+1 and the iPhone 6 might be the only phones i'm looking forward to see this year, Android skins should just die. Hopefully they keep Moto maker and not follow the 'Bigger is better' trend.
10. gigaraga (Posts: 1429; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Well those 'Android Skins' still look and function better than stock Android.
11. Doakie (Posts: 1666; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wait bigger isn't better? But I sure love my Note 3!
28. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
The iPhone 6 will be about the same as the iPhone 5s. Just look at all of the iPhone models side-by-side.
4. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
What if the dude was using just some other phone...
5. Florin.T (Posts: 161; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
That's very unlikely. He was referring to a specific 4.4.3 update for Moto handsets - thus the screenshot must be from a Motorola phone.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6772; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
But that doesn't confirm anything. This is all speculation
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Not really speculation. It's some good logic. Punit is obviously showing a fix to a software problem specific to Motorola phones, so that would mean it's running Motorola's version of 4.4.3. Since it's running Motorola software, it's on a Motorola phone. And since no released Motorola phone with a 1080p display, it must be an unannounced device. It could be the Moto X+1 or some new Droid, but it's definitely a new Motorola device
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Speculation with logical reasoning behind it. What else could explain the fact that an unknown device with a 1080p display is running Motorola's testing software and is being used by Motorola's VP of product management? It can't be an emulator on a computer because emulators can't have mobile data, which is obviously shown in the screenshot, so it has to be an actual phone. And why would they load their own ROM onto another device when the software is in the testing phase? It's supposed to be tested for the device it's going to run on in the consumer release, so it has to be on a Motorola phone.
It's the only logical explanation, I would say that's enough to confirm it.
24. kanagadeepan (Posts: 773; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Bro, I just want to remind you that one can wake up only a sleeping person, not those who are acting like sleeping...
14. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
What if the dude was using an iphone? You would know by the way the operating system looks for the particular device. Only Motorola looks like that..
12. fzacek (Posts: 2468; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It better not be 5.2". I loved the 4.7" compact Moto X, and I would hope that they keep it that way. One of the Moto X's main selling points was its easy one handed usage, which would be ruined with a 5.2" display...
25. kanagadeepan (Posts: 773; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I agree your point here... But with bigger display there will be room for bigger battery. Even though I love Moto X, I have purchased DroidMAXX, for the bigger battery and I love the bigger screen too...
All I want now is the 5.2" Moto X+1 to be the size of DroidMAXX (possible with onscreen keys and almost NIL bezels like in X earlier) and the same 3500mAh battery.
Please please, Motorola please DO NOT give 2000 to 2500 mAh battery and bluff it can last one full day like in Moto X case... Pretty please... I hate the fact that those 3300+mAh battery equipped phones are only released in Verizon earlier...
16. _X.ET (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
I would prefer 4.0 inch or 4.3 inch
this specification of screen is too big to operate by single hand.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Would of been nice if Moto makes a 1080P screen last summer would of bought one already.
19. _X.ET (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
a big phone always needs a high resolution screen...
20. kopkiwi (Posts: 41; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Wasn't one of the main attractions of the Moto X it's slightly smaller than standard screen? Why now jump up nearly a full inch?
21. Gibscreen (Posts: 16; Member since: 03 Jun 2014)
While I agree with you in concept I gotta call out your math skills. 5.2-4.7=0.5.
26. kopkiwi (Posts: 41; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Had it in my head it was 4.3 lol sorry about the confusion.