New 10 inch tablet from HTC leaks with unique design
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2012, 02:13 posted on
EVLeaks is using the magical technology known as Twitter to send out a epictures of a new 10 inch HTC tablet that will purportedly be introduced at ITC in Berlin; the placement of the bezel and the camera lens is somewhat unconventional to say the least...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't like it, but praise to HTC for thinking out of the box.
I think Fujitsu does it best.
23. dickwyn (Posts: 566; Member since: 07 May 2012)
the cameras are all upside down, weird design
39. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm not sure if you can say different design. It looks a lot like Mac desktop... which I'm not a fan of. I think they are pushing to put the One X/S's design in everything a little too far.
44. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
by you say different you mean WEIRD
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
iMac comes to the mind, however I bet Apple won;t sue this unless this becomes a threat to them
29. ajac09 (Posts: 1340; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
if it sells then yup they will sue. and they will win because apple is an American company and HTC isnt. Gotta love it.
4. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yup it does look like the iMac. HTC gonna get sued by someone. I dont wana say the name but it starts with an A ends with a E and has PPL in it.
45. phitch (Posts: 214; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Doesn't work like that, the iMac is in an entirely different area for sales. It is why Apple iPhones look exactly like flat screen TVs but they have patents on design.
5. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Awwww yeah. I also had to think about an iMac instantly, but we can't disagree on it being beautiful, can we?
6. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
totally reminds me of an imac but the mobile version
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
still better looking than the boring ipad
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
it looks more like a mini tv rather than the mac
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apple may be serving you with a lawsuit for leaking one of their new iTV designs.... :-) It looks very much like a small-scale TV that would sit on a dresser or lamp stand in a bedroom.
10. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Same. I like how HTC is trying to design a different looking tablet, but it did look like the imac monitor a lot when I first glanced at it. Eh.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Not bad HTC...hope you put that extra real estate to good use...for extra batteries :)
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Htc's biggest comeback! But it has to have better and more convincing specs than the one on the iPad and note 10.1 for it to be competitive...
41. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
And guys, I was watching TV this morning, and i realized my LG TV is shaped with the same goofy but at the bottom, so probably the only reason iMac comes to mind is the whiteness of it.
Still dig it. Gorgeous design.
17. wattabulb (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
And then Apple said: "People buy HTC (no-name -yet) device thinking they are buying iMac."...... :P
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3875; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is... Interesting. It looks like an iMac, but eh, people will definitely know the difference. If this is real, I wonder about the specs... Nice design though, looks like the front and back cameras are on the bottom of it, which is odd.
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
one thing i know is that there will be no removable battery and no sd card :)
35. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
So there is tablet with removable battery?
46. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3875; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
To have a better looking device, yes... Uni-body designs almost always looks better than those with removable parts.
25. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
from a design stand point, it really looks like it was inspired from another electronic gadget. now don't be very surprised if a company sues htc for this one.
26. e.wvu (unregistered)
Oh now Apple is going to sue HTC for it "looking" like a iMac. But I like the design.
28. yajia1 (Posts: 107; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
HTC is really going the high-end high-way. Very nice! Lovely design. I hope the screen is like the one on my OneX which made me fall deeply in love with it despite the cons. Techgasms....
30. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
so I have coffee now. Blah..... HTC is really not competitive anymore. They will weigh this thing down with outdated Sense UI and a hefty price tag, so big whoop.
37. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It appears to me you've just described the iPhkne and iOS.
31. Alp1111 (Posts: 46; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
there are no android or windows touch buttons on it
32. rla2680 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
i really like the design, just not the camera placement. I laud HTC's efforts
33. joaolx (Posts: 345; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Love the design. Different, simple and effective.
36. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Picture 6 makes it look like its running Gingerbread instead of ICS or JB. :/
38. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Looks really thin... and it looks a bit like the computer monitor that the company I used to work for was trying to develop back in 2003 for a hipster line of computers, looks nicer tho...
42. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
about the camera placement;
I was thinking about this two ways, first manufacturers shift the cameras around all the time, left, right, center, some are closer to the edge some are up to a third of the way down the phone (even centered if you go back to flip phones)
And second, even if its a little weird, HTC is a big enough company and can afford to put enough money in to R&D and design that I dont think the camera would have ended up there if it was impractical or downright stupid placement.
That was my longest comment ever and it was supporting a company i hardly even like, haha. =p