Netflix raises membership price for new subscribers
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 09:51 posted on
Remember the other day when Netflix said that it was considering a hike in subscription rates for new members? In a press release that was disseminated on Friday, the streaming video firm said that new subscribers will now have to pay $8.99 a month for service. If you're a current subscriber, you will continue to be locked into the $7.99 a month you currently pay, for another two years...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Planterz (Posts: 2070; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Glad I signed up a month ago. Yeah, it's only $48 over the next 2 years that I'll save, but hey...
3. B_Newsome (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 May 2014)
$48? think some math is wrong, 2 years = 24 months , a savings of $1 a month is $24 saved for the two years
Still, even at 8.99 it is still cheap entertainment. As long as they keep adding new movies it will be worth the price for awhile.
5. Planterz (Posts: 2070; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I thought I read $9.99/mo. Must be all that fermented and distilled molasses I have imbibed.
4. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Netflix, why don't you'll make your service available in India? There's alot of people here waiting for Netflix to work in India.
6. HASHTAG (unregistered)
If it were easy for them, I'm sure they would have already made it available for India and other places that don't have the service...
7. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
If they get some more content, it is more than worth it...
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Every successful couch zombie needs this app.