Netflix now supported on two-dozen Android devices including the Motorola DROID Bionic
Some of the newer names on the list include the Motorola DROID 3 and the LG Revolution. The Casio G'zOne Commando C771 with Android 2.2 also supports Netflix while only one tablet, the Lenovo K1 Ideapad, is on the list.
With the now widespread use of its mobile streaming service, Netflix has raised rates by splitting up their DVD by mail and streaming services, both of which now cost $7.99 a month. Taking out 2 DVD's at a time will cost you $11.99 per month and if you use your cell phone to receive streaming video, you would have to add another $7.99. While Netflix used to offer a combination rate of $9.99 per month for both DVD and streaming video, that will now cost you $15.98 monthly, assuming you are receiving just 1 DVD by mail at a time. 2 DVD's by mail and streaming video will ring up as $19.98 for a month.
To see if your Android device is among the 24 that supports Netflix, visit the sourcelink. Or, you can just take your chances and head to the Android Market to search for 'Netflix'.
source: AndroidMarket via AndroidCentral
1. Hammitt (unregistered)
When will this be available on the Charge? It's the only thing I need to make this the perfect phone :P
2. beatlesfan (Posts: 150; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
it's in the market for the charge right now, but isn't streaming (last I heard, about an hour or 2 ago). Same with the Tbolt.
31. tuminatr (Posts: 722; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
I have a tbolt, I can confirm its working with NO problems with software version 1.70.605.0 (the current software)
23. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Any android running 2.3.3 will have netflix working. Been running it on my Vibrant for months
3. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
well Gentlemen, it appears the Droid Bionic's launch is imminent. ;D
4. sb311 (unregistered)
The HTC Thunderbolt still gets DRM errors.
5. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Sideload for the win. Even my entry level LG Thrive has Netflix and runs perfectly on it too.
7. Vishnu the Aryan (unregistered)
1,3,9,12,14 r the pictures which tells different story than just a beautiful picture.There is EQ in these pictures than IQ.Its tough to decide which one is best.my personal vote is for 9. this reminds me Van Ghogs picture.Currently am browsing on phone..so cant see full details of the pictures.
8. Tom (unregistered)
Work on the Motorola Atrix
10. beatlesfan (Posts: 150; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
It is now working on the Thunderbolt :-)
12. Sean1988 (unregistered)
I JUST GOT NETFLIX ON MY EVO 3D YESTERDAY! :D
17. JasonLegend00 (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Nov 2009)
Bout god damn freaken time it was brought to my Thunderbolt!
18. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
*yawn* It's been on iDevices for ages now, working flawlessly. Lol Android is always left out.
26. Heatfan316 (unregistered)
Why do you call yourself the Miz? How old are you? immature crapple fan, this is not the WWE kid.
33. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Big talk coming from someone who's a fan of a team that got beat in the playoffs lol. And they thought Labon Jame, or whatever that black guy name is, would actually make a difference.
37. Heatfan316 (unregistered)
No Miz we lost in NBA finals and yes lebron let us down but I'm not going to cry about it, we still did good. Your another one of these fanboys who are afraid of the android takeover why? Just accept it.
42. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Android can't even be innovative without copying Apple. So no, 'm not bitter or afraid.
Funny, it's not like I care about the NBA anyways since it's a subpar sport to begin with.
45. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
is that why iOS 5 uses a notification shade kind of just like what Android has been using during it's entire existence. ;)
49. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Ask Samsung why their UI looks like Apple's. ;)
43. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Being accused of racism over a comment, even more awesome. So what, I say one word and I'm being racist now?
51. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
no more of a sentence finally changed your photo i see. you finally listened to the smart ones.
20. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
dam johnny8 u again u been saying dumb Sh@t all day come one dude take your pills or something ..you said in another post today that android was a company!!! like samsung lol now this sh*t u need help dude..even iphone lovers are not that dumb.. at least they know android has you tube dude don't say anything else today
21. G2X (unregistered)
Please come to the G2X. and yes, I know you can root and fool Netflix to believe my phone is a G2 so i can get it but i dont wanna do that.
22. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i tried making my Droid 2 think it was a Nexus S at one point and it didn't help it work on it at all. it didn't hurt to try though, it wasn't hard. o:
50. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
ooh tough luck considering the Droid 2 isn't even half as good a device as a Nexus.
53. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
lemme guess because of bloatware. *rolls eyes*
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6949; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Not my Atrix. f**k U MOTOROLA for not supporting us Atrix owners. I still don't see Ginger Bread or NETFLIX. This is the last phone I will be buying from you. Next year I will be getting the next Galaxy S phone.
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6949; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's it I'M NOT BUYING any more MOTOROLA PHONES after this. All their devices except the Atrix which I strongly support since CES. And my ATRIX have yet to RECEIVED GINGER BREAD. Sorry Motorola you guys Fail for updating my Atrix and all other Atrix owners. will never buy another Motorola ever after this.
30. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
..you know there's six Motorola handsets on the list including the Atrix? you can calm yourself about the Gingerbread update too, it's in field testing right now.
35. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
LOL, you expected anything from Mototrolla?
39. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
..did you really just say Mototrolla?
54. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
you'd argue with a stump wouldn't you?
40. stealthd (Posts: 1014; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Just downloaded for my Atrix. Pages don't scroll for me at all, so I can't see anything beyond 4 episodes of a show. And the Genre tab doesn't work at all. To be fair though I've seen Netflix act up on the iPad (video freezing every 60 seconds, went away after a restart), and the iPhone (wouldn't load over 3G the other day).
Edit: and then I restart it on the Atrix and it works fine. Weird.
48. Alex (unregistered)
Yeah~~~~~~~~~~~ EVO 3D working....