Netflix for Android APK leaks out of a hacked LG Revolution
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Mar 2011, 11:13
The leaked Netflix APK is already circulating the web, though it does not seem to be doing anything on any Android device…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. netflix fan (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 11:56 0 0
Downloaded and Installed on Droid X. Able to sign into program and see my queue. Clicking on movies when connected to 3g appears to start loading but then brings you back to the queue screen. Will test WiFi once I get home tonight.
2. guest (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 12:01 0 0
I installed it on my Droid X. I am able to manage my queue and search for movies, but when I try to watch anything, it takes me back to the main screen- tried it on 3G and WIFI.
3. stilt posted on 16 Mar 2011, 12:15 0 0
Doesn't work its just like having a netflix que manager app thats already been out. it act like it wants to start to play but it doesnt it goes right back to the list and starts you over. i've tested on the xoom and a droid x.
4. Dom (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 13:12 1 0
No worky here either. Evo 4g
5. downphoenix posted on 16 Mar 2011, 15:41 0 0
This better work on a wide variety of devices.
6. zuno gyakusatsu posted on 16 Mar 2011, 17:49 2 2
Of course it doesnt work. Its for Android. Even necessary things like Exchange email rarely works on android.
7. youareastupidfanboy (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 19:27 2 0
What are you talking about... I have an android and I am able to use my exchange email better than a few friends that have the iphone and blackberry systems. I also watch tv and loaded movies seamlessly! So do your research before you look like a complete IDIOT... ohh wait to late.
8. taco50 (banned) posted on 16 Mar 2011, 20:05 0 0
I think you're the fanboy. Why did you take his post so hard? Only fanboys get this emotional about their phones. It's a known fact android phones have problems with all types of email including exchange.
9. SBrown posted on 16 Mar 2011, 20:33 0 0
I dunno... the fact that zuno went out of his/her way to hate on Android makes me think that zuno is a fanboy too (I'm guessing for the iPhone).
In any case, I hope that they are able to find a way to properly port this app to other android devices.
10. remixfa posted on 16 Mar 2011, 20:53 1 0
its not as simple as just installing the app. it wont work on ANY android phone that is currently out. The current crop of android phones dont have the right security protocols or whatever in their chipset. This will be the first phone that has the right protocols and will be able to stream it. Unless those badasses at XDA figure out some way to trick the system, u wont be streaming netflix till your next android phone.
12. DInc User (unregistered) posted on 18 Jun 2011, 17:10 0 0
Installed this app on my rooted DInc. When I first opened, it prompted for an update (which I did). This app works fine for me over WiFi and 3G. About freaking time we got Netflix!