Nearly two-thirds of former BlackBerry users hear the siren call from the BlackBerry Q10
0. phoneArena 18 May 2013, 10:22 posted on
Even before the QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 started to rollout late last month in Canada and the U.K., it seemed to be obvious that this was the model that would make or break BlackBerry 10.; even BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins seemed to come around to the idea that the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 was not the device that BlackBerry fans hungered for...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Kurai (unregistered)
BB should stick to phones with physical qwerty keypads .. . that's what makes BB unique and that's where they're good at . . .
25. Kelley71 (Posts: 57; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Agreed. If they have to compete with Android, write the necessary drivers to put Jelly Bean on a Q10 and go about it that way. No company is going to dethrone Apple or Sumsung by trying to out-Apple or out-Samsung either.
62. frmrVZguy (Posts: 42; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
@Kelley71 BB is paying android app developers to port their apps to BB10 ... mixed results so far as app feature sets change between platforms .
@Kurai Yep, they are good at keyboards and their patents keep the good stuff exclusive. BUT ! They made that little 3 inch screen a capacitive touch screen so they can mix a little of both to the product.
IMO they still are too late to release the updates and competition is eroding their profitability. Good thing they made a BBM app for iOS and Android - that should fix the problem, ... right ? :O
33. jcarrigan (unregistered)
if only they made a qwerty keyboard that a person with regular sized hands could type on then id get one. but some of those keyboards are for mini-me, children, and women with dainty hands.
46. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I have big hands and never had a problem with their Querty keyboards.. You just got used to the touch screens
42. jbreault (Posts: 25; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
your so right physical keyboard all the way
45. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
No they are better at touch screens as well... go and try the new Z10 for one or 2 days than speak.. I've tried them all and Z10 is a winner for a touch screen
64. jcarrigan (unregistered)
i admit i havent checked out the z10 because pretty much no one in my area carries it
59. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
The problem, recommended retail price for an unlocked unit in Malaysia is RM 2399 (USD $799). That's just absurd, they are digging their own grave with that kind of pricing.
41. Heatfan316 (Posts: 512; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Thanks for your honesty, but no one cares.
43. jbreault (Posts: 25; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
about you that's true, lol just kidding but remember palms and blackberry started it all they made the first smartphones.
61. Heatfan316 (Posts: 512; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Why are you here troll? Just to insult blackberry users.
60. Heatfan316 (Posts: 512; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Then why are you on this article hatin, oh wait my bad I just read your username, don't worry I understand.
15. ph00ny (Posts: 796; Member since: 26 May 2011)
people at the "BlackBerry Live conference"
LOL. That's a great place to take BB poll
21. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
yeah try the same question at an apple conference and se what happens =P
34. jcarrigan (unregistered)
an apple conference is full of retards. try again. how about a nokia conference.
38. ecmedic4 (Posts: 274; Member since: 02 May 2013)
So ppl that prefer Apple are "retards"? I didnt know a personal preference made someone a retard, guess that could be said about everyone that has a personal preference then if its different from ones own preference. Please try really hard to not be such a fanboy and respect others preference. I prefer Apple, my choice, my money, but i have no qualms with android at all, or any other OS, as being a fanboy is immature, childish, and egotistical. :)
40. jcarrigan (unregistered)
haha ur cute, how am i a fanboy? I mentioned Nokia which runs only Windows, I own an android phone, and I have an iPod that now collects dust in my dresser. Oh and I cant forget my old Blackberry which used to be a pretty awesome phone other then the small qwerty keyboard. I made a defense for BB because someone is clearly having an issue with the poll being made at a blackberry conference so someone name dropped Apple, I wouldve bashed them if they name dropped LG. it doesnt matter who they mentioned. its the clear fact that someone was being a retard so I pointed the mirror to the idiot. :) I have no personal vendetta with Apple although there devices leave much to be desired. so go ahead and thumb me down and go back to your facebooking or snap chatting or whatever you kids do these days :)
54. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lmao, how so true, all average joes...
3. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Got my BlackBerry Q10 last week. Real nice device. Now only if it had Viber!
6. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
easy. just sell it and buy yourself a nice iP5 or HTC One.
8. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
why , if he's bought it its obviously what he wanted
why would he sell it and buy something else just for one app
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
BB haters are like that, just ignore them.
48. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Iphone 5 or HTC one can't compare... Crapiest touch screen keyboard
28. Jack1192 (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Viber was launched for the Bold 9900 a while back, probably a couple of months. Hopefully they'll make a version for BB10 soon.
4. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I have always liked Blackberry just felt that they were always one step behind everyone else.
49. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Now they are ahead with the new QNX software.. everyone thinks they are still behind in hardware but phone works lag free and the software beats the rest
5. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
another nail in the coffin for blackberry
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Another sail to the success for BlackBerry.
16. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I can't help but wonder if you really love bb why don't you sell your xperia z already and buy a bb ?
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nikolas, my Xperia Z have problems right now, first the Xperia P then now the Xperia Z, I don't know why I'm having problems with these Sony phones, why Sony? WHY?
So, I will change to a new phone soon, maybe Nokia, maybe BB, maybe HTC, maybe LG. (sigh) I hope my next phone will be okay. -_-
22. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
the problem lies on you not on the phone
you will get even more problem with BB, trust me you don't want a BB, it doesn't even have a native youtube app
39. ecmedic4 (Posts: 274; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Sounds to me like the problem lies in the phone. I havent heard of any widespread problems on BB10, and i think the Z10 and Q10 are great looking devices and seem to run just fine from the videos ive seen. Having a native youtube app isnt a big deal, you can just go to youtube website. Everyone has their preference though.
24. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
(Xperia Z) Phone can't boot up, sent to the service centre for few days, few days later the person gave me back the phone, the problem continues, it pops up the "unfortunately, walkman has stopped", "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped", it keeps popping up. Then, the person told us that the phone needs to be sent to the service centre AGAIN!
Is this my problem or the phone, I didn't do anything. :/
26. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
God wants you to flash CM 10.1 on your Xperia.
58. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Mom wants you to flash a new room, if you prefer stock just wipe all the datavand flash a stock rom
7. XXXperia (unregistered)
looks like nokia 210
11. luxzy801 (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
I think Heins made a tactical move by releasing the Z10 first. I can almost guarantee he was not confident with BB10 so instead of releasing the cream of the crop qwerty first and possibly losing all of thier marketshare if it was a flop, he tested the market first with the Z10 to see what the reaction was to the new BB10, when he saw that the reaction was good (Even though sales were not all that great, but it got millions of people saying that they liked it and wanted to see BB release a physical qwerty version), then he released the Q10, which looks like it paid off by what reports from Canada and the UK are stating.
All in all, it was a smart move to test BB10 against the market first before releasing the Q10 beast, if it was the other way around, BBs chances would have been going down the drain.
13. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 745; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I never owned a blackberry phone. May i ask what makes them special and worth shouting for a smartphone experience?
17. ph00ny (Posts: 796; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Qwerty, corporate compliance, etc
Emails are encrypted and routed through BB's servers for BSE users hence the major outages two years ago
14. roldefol (Posts: 3338; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Who knows, maybe the Q10 will take off and corner the remaining market for qwerty smartphones (since Android and WIndows have abandoned it). I don't see much growth there though. BB10 is for Blackberry what Amiga was for Commodore...a solid product that gets drowned out by the competition.
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I dont know im sorry but ive never really liked BB nor thought of them as a serious compertition to android...also blackberry phones look and feel horrible!
37. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
One doesn't simply get the Blue Moon. One has to earn it.
32. roldefol (Posts: 3338; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's not a phone, that's a Speak & Spell.
30. droidboy (Posts: 34; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
I tried out the z10 I KNOW it's not the same phone. Blackberry 10 is cool but I wouldn't leave android for a blackberry device. I would say Would go blackberry before windows phone though. I hope blackberry can hang on... It's nice to see them improve on blackberry 10 os,