Nearly 85% of iOS 7 users surveyed have not called upon Siri
0. phoneArena 20 Oct 2013, 22:42 posted on
A survey of more than 2000 Americans was taken by a company called Intelligent Voice; the topic of the questioning was Siri. Those surveyed were asked if they used Siri on iOS 7, what they thought of the capabilities of Apple's voice activated virtual assistant, and whether Apple had oversold the public when it came to Siri...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Google Now does not need calling upon. Another reason why Google's software is superior to Apple's.
2. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
My Google Now works near perfect, I use it all the time because it is actually useful.
5. Dastrix (unregistered)
'Calling upon' is not a feature for Siri though. It just means people have not been using Siri.
11. Sauce (unregistered)
I've used Google assistant for quite some time before switching to Apples iPhone recently, and I can say that Siri is, while not perfect, amazing and awesome to use. Much more accurate than Googles and has better features that fit my DAILY lifestyle. Floats my boat better than G But hey, everyone has their favorites :)
13. smacsteve (Posts: 61; Member since: 16 May 2012)
You're kidding right? Siri is nowhere near as good as Google Now. Most of the time when I ask for Siri, it just sits there and spins then says "I'm really sorry, but I can't help you right now" This is BS! Siri sucks!
25. Finalflash (Posts: 2543; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Calm down sir, he is just trying to make it seem like he is not biased by saying he has used both when in reality he has likely never used either. No need to start anything, we have all seen the videos of siri "working" vs Google Now.
26. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Your daily lifestyle being a couch potato, asking stupid questions to siri all day? ;)
28. bucky (Posts: 2277; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
No, my daily lifestyle of walking downtown with my laptop bag and maybe a coffee and not having to take my phone out of my pocket to hear incoming emails/messages and responding, directions, changing songs on third party apps, checking next meetings times in calendar, calling and sending text with it reading back the msg before sending, checking the score of latest champions league games etc.
No reason to get butthurt.
31. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
And all this thanks to Siri lol. Good one....
35. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You don't need a lot of words to make a point, at least I don't
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You are clearly just trolling.
I could understand that you like Siri for her clever little jokes or what not BUT you totally got BUSTED for saying & I quote: "Much more accurate than Googles...". Everyone knows that Google now is not only better than Siri but 100 times better, FASTER & WAY MORE RELIABLE. Who are you kidding here?!? lol
You are just stirring the pot & FAILED miserably while doing it. I give you an "E" for effort, & that's about it.
16. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Siri is slow, full of lip, bad jokes and after she spends a minute thinking (and failing to answer), asks to do a webs search. well duh dumbassiri, if you cant answer it you shouldnt have to ask me to do a google search , you just effin do it. See apple would rather prevent you from getting the answer from Google than getting you the answer :/
17. rd_nest (Posts: 1466; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Google NOW is useless in most of the world outside US and some 1st world countries. For me in N4, that's a total batteryhog and completely useless. I found no use of that.
20. blingblingthing (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Totally disagree. With Google now, I don't even need to speak, I'm pushed information, stocks, weather and travel cards.
For a long time I've stated Siri was a gimmick, I just don't see myself talking to my in public.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1066; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I find Siri pretty fun to use when I use my sister/mums/friends iPhone, its always fun to search it through voice recognition especially when it recognises my accent better than Google Now's :)
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Group one was asked if Apple had "oversold the voice recognition capabilities of Siri," ......
you are kidding right???? Apple "oversells" everything; that's why people over the globe sell their babies - it's part of being "oversold" and duped!
6. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Every page on this website contains at least 1 lie.
8. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Educated people understand unless Apple states factual information, then it's just Apple's opinion.
7. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Lol imagine anyone using siri like in their commercials, if so then 'NEEEEERRRDD'
9. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Just tell Siri, you love her and wait for her response.
Siri's wit is currently unmatched.
22. blingblingthing (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
No doubt this is amusing, but no way would I give up my nexus 4 to hear those jokes
27. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
She's wittier than Robin Williams?
14. smacsteve (Posts: 61; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I've been very disappointed with Siri, because of it's near 100% dependence on Apple's servers and a fast data connection, it's always saying it cannot help right now. I've grown so sick of it that I don't even use it any longer. But I love using Google now on my work phone, the HTC One. It's awesome!
15. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
A true gimmick that took longer and more money to make then all of Samsung's "gimmicks" combined.
I think it is about time that the Samsung haters and tech journalists just shut the f up and call everything features people may not use. Don't champion Siri and diss LG and Samsung stuff and just explain it and let the user decide what is a gimmick or not.
Apparently 85% of IOS 7 users find siri a gimmick yet tech reviewers loved it. I guess we need new tech journalists.
19. funchumm1206 (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Those two are gimmicks unless they make Stark's Jarvis.
21. Cyberchum (Posts: 633; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Google now is a gimmick to me in Nigeria, I can't say for sure about other countries though and that's where avast! comes into great play for me; to block data and hence battery hog apps with it's firewall feature.
24. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
dont see how people can praise google now and bash siri.
both have to be launched to use. sure google now pops up random information based off location. but its no better or worse than siri.
they both are gimmicks. the day we all become too lazy to operate our cell phones is the day these products will be useful.
32. greathero1 (Posts: 559; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Count me in the 85% because I have no interest in talking to my iPad but the same can be said for Google Now on my One and Nexus 4. I have absolutely no interest in chatting with my electronic device's personal assistant.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 18383; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Web searches, reminders, appt., and to launch seldom used apps, so I don't have to look for em.