Nearly 100 video samples from 41-megapixel Nokia Lumia 1020 appear
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 09:19 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 1020 has not even been announced officially yet, but we already know pretty much everything about it and now the first video samples…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
nothing special, even my GS4 looks like these videos during the day time, they need to show a video with low light or night time.
6. Dastrix (unregistered)
Wasn't it pretty self-explanatory?
9. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I'm sure your S4 takes very steady videos, you know, because DOESN'T have OIS.
11. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
but the GS4 does have video stabilization, and it works very well especially when you are not moving around too much just like all the 3 videos here, they are not moving around too much to see the real effects of the OIS.
13. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
if you've never used lumia OIS then you dont know what real stabilization is. i have had a lumia 920 and now own a gs4. the stabilization is not even on the same planet. yes the gs4 has stabilization, but it's software that has to crop your video. and it still doesnt do half as good as the lumia 920's OIS. OIS corrects 500 little hand movements a second, the software stabilization on gs4 can not come close to that.
18. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
HTC ONE has OIS, and even youtube aswell as gsmarena and PA says the SG4 software stabilization is on par or even better than it.
21. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
all i can tell you is take your gs4 to at&t and play with a lumia 920 side by side. shake the camera with video on then tell me if gs4's software stabilization is on par with lumia 920's. a blind man could tell you it isnt. dont be a sheep to PA. form your own informed opinion.
15. Dastrix (unregistered)
Have you even used a Lumia? You honestly sound like you know nothing about cameras. I had my friend record a live concert on her GS4 at the same time I did on my L920. And, I ain't telling you how sh!t it looked like on the GS4.
17. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
all these i own a GS4 but i hate it, and my friend has a GS4 and we compared the same video and blahh blahhh is getting old.
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
try zooming ur sgs4 video hahaha then come and talk
5. kindlefireowner (Posts: 503; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Nokia hate on display means, The Fandroids fear that Nokia is headed in the right direction.
19. medicci37 (Posts: 1271; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
What I hate is when someone expresses a legitimate opinion on smartphones & some fanboy will call you a fanboy or hater cause they disagree
22. medicci37 (Posts: 1271; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
& nothing against Nokia. But I seriously doubt that many Android fans are afraid of Nokia taking over. Even though I prefer Android, I want Nokia 2 be as strong a contender as possible. Competition is a good thing
7. papss (unregistered)
Jason your s4 looks nothing like these videos and how steady is you hand with you Frisbee?
12. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
yes it does? did you even look at the videos? nobody is running or walking, they are all holding it without moving their hands too much, meaning when GS4 video stabilization is on, it can pretty much do well when doing the same thing.
8. Dastrix (unregistered)
Shut up and take my money Nokia!!!
10. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
gs4 aint even near to this. why do sammy fanboys always talk crap???? g4 dosent stand a chance in front of quality, music, camera or nything of nokia. NOKIA IS FAR MORE BETTER in terms of everything. and look at those samples !!!!!! they r damn better than any other camera phone on earth today and that too with 6x zoom. R.I.P SAMSUNG.
14. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1178; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
you cant exactly say R.I.P to a company who has 1 phone thats selling more than any nokia lumia phones from 2011 - 2013 combined.
16. HouTexan (Posts: 435; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Same reason Nokia fanboys talk crap on Samsung articles. Stop the hypocrisy.
20. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
hehe...great. irish seter video taken in my country))
23. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
give credit where credit is due!
PA will eventually compare this lumia 1020 to all high end products of all brands. plus 808 and 920.
and then there you can give feedback for it!
25. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
but it's obvious already that it will the competition in a thick dust