NYU Poly already looking towards 5G networks
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2012, 17:56 posted on
We're still in the middle of the whole 4G debate, where the original definition of 4G has had to be changed because of too much false marketing by big carriers, but that isn't stopping researchers from looking into what 5G mobile networks are going to look like...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
The iFans will think the ip5 is a 5G....
stpd dm idts §he¿ps.....¡
32. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Why would they think that? Do fandroids think that galaxy s2 uses 2G network because of the "2" in the name?
38. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
when the iphone 4 came out everyone thought i was 4G, same thing happened with the 4S. its almost a guarantee that someone, some day will walk into a wireless retailer and ask about the "iPhone 5G". ive heard some pretty crazy things about the next installment of the iphone.
43. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yes, that is true. SOMEONE will. But is that a good enough reason to generalize it to all iphone users and call them ifans? That is arrogant, don't you think? (I apologize if my English isn't correct)
45. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i didnt generalize all iphone users as ifans, because i have an iphone. just some people choose to believe in technology that cant necessarily be utilized in hand held devices just yet.
44. rajamass (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
The iFans will think the ip5 is a 5G....
stpd dm idts §he¿ps.....¡///
ROFL Very True
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Any guesses which carrier will be the first to mis-use the 5G nomenclature? I would nominate AT&T, based on past performance.
16. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
T-Mobile actually was the first to misuse it...
24. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
sprint was the first to misuse it in the US with the EVO 4G in June 2010 and WiMax network, then Verizon followed suit with LTE, and AT&T and T-Mobile with HSPA+ (and LTE later). "4G" was used by Asian companies first
40. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 162; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
actually the first to misuse it was a Russian Carrier Called Yota with the HTC Max 4G
42. pats4thewin (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
even though its correct info, i like how the proof for correctness was wikipedia :P
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
any guess who will build the first 5G phone? and how many will think the iPhone 5 is 5G capable
6. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i had a girl tell me that the new iphone will be transparent and another kid told me that it will have a projection keyboard. i LOL'd
11. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
funny. same thing happened in my training class for work. i just dont see why ANYONE would believe an iphone would be transparent of all things. any transparent phone would suck imo, i just think if a company made on it would be a company that makes more that one phone a year.. HAHA all you get is transparent
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Any guess of how long before Apple calls their iPhone 5G? How about when they release it this Fall?
41. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 162; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I would Guess HTC because they built the first commercial "4G" phone in the world and the First LTE phone for Verizon
8. THEOG (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Jul 2010)
Networks are just now building there 4g networks and some or more then 6 months old.
13. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Some don't even have any yet.
15. Aeires (unregistered)
Only if you limit 4G to LTE.
T-Mobile's 42 Meg HSPA+ is far superior than Sprint's Wimax.
17. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Also another fact, T-Mobile's 42 HSPA+ network is beating Verizon's LTE network in 11 of 15 Major cities in data speed. Just waiting until January when the LTE Advanced is out.
37. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yeah but there's like 5 people with T-Mobile in each city... and 20,000+ people with VZW... so.....
19. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
that is faster than ur home Wifi....
You lucky Americans!
We don't have 4G in UK....
34. smartphonemad (Posts: 42; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
I know D: I read somewhere that O2 would try to get 4G by sharing it and Vodafones network but that was last year :/
21. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
When ever i see you'r avatar, i keep laughing...
9. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Wow this has nothing to do with apple but you all telling jokes. I guess the next google update will be call CRASH DUMMY or CARE BEAR.