NY Giants did the legwork for Apple's word-of-mouth marketing at the Super Bowl
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Feb 2012, 05:01
The iPhone had long minutes of free airtime courtesy of the New York Giants players at the Super Bowl and random celebration-crashers. "Apple paid nothing and easily had the best ad of all"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ghost__uwi posted on 08 Feb 2012, 05:34 4 0
lol when ur big you don't need to advertise in the half time. You advertise during the celebrations. Like a boss!
3. ghost__uwi posted on 08 Feb 2012, 05:35 4 2
Apple: We don't do half time ads. We advertise during the celebration time. We also don't need to hate on the competition to get sales. Just saying. LOLZ
16. ZayZay posted on 08 Feb 2012, 12:15 1 2
Huh, wasn't the old Apple commercials TO hate on competition?
5. albie1937 posted on 08 Feb 2012, 06:42 4 3
Thanks phonearena for looking at my comment posted on super bowl Sunday about the the Giants using iPhones.
6. albie1937 posted on 08 Feb 2012, 06:49 1 3
This was posted on Feb 5
20. albie1937 posted on 2 days ago, 22:14 2 1
If anyone seen the Super Bowl trophy celebration like I did, all I saw was a lot of Giants players holding iPhone 4s phones taking pics of the Lombardi Trophy. That phone markets itself. Samsung didnt win any fans tonite with that commercial.
7. racr79 posted on 08 Feb 2012, 07:47 7 4
Samsung spend like millions of dollars try to make apple fans look bad and stupid. But at the end Samsung came out looking stupid spending all that money and apple didn't spend none.
9. iamcc posted on 08 Feb 2012, 08:20 3 3
I wouldn't necessarily say they are trying to make them look "bad" and "stupid" but I would definitely agree that iPhone fans are portrayed as very uninformed in the Samsung ads...
11. superguy posted on 08 Feb 2012, 09:15 8 0
And football players generally aren't considered to be a smart bunch. :D
21. supaman21 posted on 09 Feb 2012, 12:53 0 0
That is actually a very uneducated stereotype. football players have the highest average iq of major team sports. as they have to complete more than just a year of college. look up the name myron rolle, may change your opinion
18. EclipseGSX posted on 08 Feb 2012, 12:52 2 3
"apple didn't spend none"?? sorry, but you are the only one looking stupid here
20. ardent1 posted on 08 Feb 2012, 20:00 0 0
It's called figure of speech akin to a poetic license. E-GSX, you are being unctuous.
8. InspectorGadget80 posted on 08 Feb 2012, 08:17 2 3
And we dont need to hear or see that players use iPhones so who gives a damn.
10. gotti88 posted on 08 Feb 2012, 09:12 1 0
some people are so sad... none of you people win anything only the manufactures. they both are on top of sales in the us and everywhere else. so at the end only the supporters look stupid because sammy and apple are going to have lunch together and laugh at us arguing over whats better while there getting money
12. ghost__uwi posted on 08 Feb 2012, 10:02 0 0
actually i care not for who is top. I just buy what I consider the best. If tmw apple started selling junk as well as samsung and nokia made a return I would switch to nokia.
19. gallitoking posted on 08 Feb 2012, 16:06 1 3
wow a simple good morning.. they really love/hate me..
15. snowgator posted on 08 Feb 2012, 12:12 0 0
Yep, I saw that. I was wondering why it didn't make Mondays postings. Them Apple phones..... I got a feeling that might take off and be slightly successful.........