NVIDIA's rumored Tegra 4-powered tablet visits AnTuTu, blows the 2013 Nexus out of the water
0. phoneArena 12 Aug 2013, 06:45 posted on
It was just this past Friday that we brought your attention to NVIDIA's snazzy-looking tablet, said to sport a 7-inch diagonal and take advantage of the company's latest in-house effort – the Tegra 4 SoC, clocked at 1.8GHz...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. juandante (Posts: 301; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Interesting... One of the best manufacturer is Nvidia, coming from the PC world. the Shield is top, and if this tablet is correctly priced (200$ about) the investment is great.
Hope to see one day a Tegra SOC + AMD/Intel x86 CPU, one step further to have a good PC-like tablet under your fingers .
14. pellegrini (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Sorry, but just look at SHIELD, this tablet won't be for less than $250.
22. renz4 (Posts: 228; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
hence the low res on this device so they can keep the price down (maybe). for what shield intend to do people said the device was expensive but in reality you will not find much faster device with such pricing currently.
20. ph00ny (Posts: 598; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Manufacturer? Nvidia doesn't manufacture their SOC/GPU
2. lallolu (Posts: 230; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
"NVIDIA's rumored Tegra 4-powered tablet visits AnTuTu, blows the 2013 Nexus out of the water" with heat :)
if (Nvidia ==heat)
printf("error: device is not hot")
18. lallolu (Posts: 230; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
If you have used your hard-earned money to buy a Tegra 3 phone, you will understand what I am trying to say here.
15. hisaak (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Semicolon after braces? End even in the middle of if-else?! What a goddamn language! ;-)
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8268; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So the S800 and Exynos 5410 is faster than the T4. Looks like NVIDIA failed again to produce the fastest chip.
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1343; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
this probably has the tegra 40L low power edition
4. imkyle (Posts: 983; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I tried the Toshiba Excite Pro with the TEgra 4 and man did that device over heat. Not sure if it is a hardware thing from Toshiba or from the Tegra 4. Disappointed in that.
7. icyrock1 (Posts: 303; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Might be a hardware thing (either a bad chip or Toshiba). Engadget said with there hands on with the Tegra 4 (earlier this year) that it didn't get very hot.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1279; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Don't act like you don't know...shield comes with big heat sink installed...tegra4 has heat issues.
25. renz4 (Posts: 228; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
could be toshiba issue. HP Slate X2 also based on T4 but so far i haven't heard or find about the tablet being overheated. the shield were using fan but the device also the fastest T4 device which clocked at 1.9Ghz. also the inclusion of fan inside the device was most likely to keep the device cool and comfortable to hold for long hour usage.
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2624; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Great, the back looks solid though.
10. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
And tegra compares 1080p to 720 that's very dumb .
If nexus uses 720p the score will be near 26000 nexus 7s screen is 1200p compare to 720
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5746; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
720p is last year's specs. I doubt someone doing a side-by-side compare will choose a 720p display over a 1080p one, everything else being essentially the same.
13. Edmund (Posts: 654; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Can't wait to get my Nokia Windows 8 RT tablet
16. _Bone_ (Posts: 2126; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The Exynos 5420 / Mali-T628 Nexus 10.2 will laugh all over this.
21. grahaman27 (Posts: 347; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Yeah because the new exynos' minor update will double its performance? (Compare: this years exynos scores around 28-30,000...
23. Captain_Doug (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Most likely 1280x800 with on screen keys as most tablets have.