NVIDIA shows 2015 roadmap with processors 100x faster (than the Tegra 2)
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2013, 17:17 posted on
NVIDIA has expanded its processor roadmap to show what we should expect all the way through 2015, and to make it all sound extra impressive, NVIDIA is saying that in 2015 its chips will be 100x faster. Of course, rather than comparing the 2015 chip to the current Tegra 4, or even the last gen Tegra 3, that comparison means 100x faster than the Tegra 2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5540; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it would have to be a pretty ballin' processor to be deserving of the Stark name. :P
3. Luuthian (Posts: 201; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Meanwhile, a number of the best games on our phones are still in 2D... :)
13. shayan (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
yeah, but with more powerful cpu on our phones, we can port some other os to our phone.
I did instal ubuntu ( ARM version, desktop, not ubuntu mobile.) on my galaxy note. it was slow. not practical. but with this kind of horsepower, I bet simiulation softwares work way better and we can run windows and linux on our phone, and even enjoy there softwares and games.
4. imkyle (Posts: 969; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
With the new Tegra processors coming out in 2014, and 2015... Cell phones can now morph into a full rang stove and cook food for you when you are pressed for time :)
7. Jack58221 (Posts: 120; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
That's not too far off... my gs3 can fry an egg by the time I finish writing an email... over heating I'd nothing new.
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 2555; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Better sent it back otherwise may explode and cook your balls instead. One less customer for the bad apple.
5. Captain_Doug (Posts: 747; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Funny how they switched Iron Man for Spiderman. Maybe they're saving Stark for a more worthy CPU? Stark should be a killer chip.
6. MistB (Posts: 550; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
64 Bit is coming 2014/15, 4GB of RAM/4K video from your super phablet? Could see this in a future Sony Phablet, the dark horse of Android.
10. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I wonder where is Thor? Or maybe even a Doom? That sounds cooler..
14. Andrewtst (Posts: 291; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
The problem seems not much manufacture fancy on it. At least Tegra 4 never appear in any flagship phone in 1st half of 2013.
15. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Wow 100x faster than tegra 2 ? The tegra 2 has 5 million of gflops so 5x100 500 million gflops thats the same level as gtx 460m gpu