NPD: iPad mini to be in short supply initially, display yield rates to blame
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2012, 08:57 posted on
Now that the iPad mini is finally official, all that is left is for Apple to make its new device available for purchase. That is going to happen on October 26, when pre-orders for the tablet will go live online. Then a few days later – on November 2, the first iPad mini batches will start leaving Apple's warehouse. And in case you want one really badly, perhaps it might be a good idea to order as soon as you are able to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
lg can't deliver? surprising... only samsung have the capacity to produce at such a large scale.. if the mini ipad is that in demand.
i'm a greedy person. iproducts will not be able to satisfy me.
but if the iphone5 came out last two years, i'll be a fanboy right now.
8. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Oh Apple is just at it again, its hoarding goods, keeping surplus stocks in warehouses to create a false illusion of shortage so that they can sell it at higher rates to their Apple fans...and moreover Apple's doing a big service to the community known as Black Market!
And if the shortage is genuine Apple, then that's what happens when you actually go around suing your suppliers...moronic Apple!
10. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
oh...never thought of that... now, they are some sort of cartel?
2. android_hitman (Posts: 591; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
do you really believe this bull....it??? this is pure apple marketing stuff in order to pressure the apple customers to buy faster and more than 1 unit..
3. ddeath (Posts: 154; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
A 7.9" display with low 1024x768 resolution has yield problems? You got to be kidding me. Probably marketing bulls**t like what hitman said.
5. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I call BS. Just Apple as ususal coming up with make believe excuses to keep prices artificially inflated on a sub-par product. Keep it up, Apple. I can only last so long...
6. RushFan2112 (Posts: 14; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)
They're trying to capture a bunch of pre-orders before the Google accouncement 3 days later.
7. jimjam (Posts: 236; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
would make sense if it was actually apple saying this!
9. jjjsong (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
How is the screen yield the one to blame here?
It's just another low ppi LCD panel.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
This seems like a replay of Iphone episode.
No wonder market share falls for them and will fall further.
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
why not use japan display or sharp display? why korean?
13. ddeath (Posts: 154; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Because it is probably cheaper due to exchange rates and they want to maximize profits. And Koreans do make rather good displays.