NPD: Innolux to replace Samsung for Apple iPad mini displays
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 16:43 posted on
According to an executive with NPD DisplaySearch in China, Apple will be turning to Innolux to provide displays for the Apple iPad mini; this rumor comes up at the same time there is speculation that shipments of the 7.9 inch tablet have been dropping in order to make room for a new iteration of the tablet with a higher resolution Retina display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
iPad mini with Retina. WRU? Need one prz.
8. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Hopefully the price of the revamped mini 2 stays the same.
If the galaxy note 8.0 price rumors are true, then I would prefer the mini 2.
2. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Switching from Samsung: Simple mistake.
Switching to Apple: Eternal mistake.
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea washed out and laggy stutters 190 ppi outdated Slow Cpu and Gpu, cant watch yahoo and download says flash requires, lags when playing Youtube desktop 1080P videos, what a joke even the iPad3,4 is much better. Big mistake buying this, i wont look cool nor trendy or show of with this, will be selling mine buying the Nexus 7 upcoming new one or iPad4.™®
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Are all great devices love them all!!!!
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 21289; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple should distance itself from Samsung, if they're gonna be rivals. The downside is their products could take a quality hit, Sammy makes good components, but it's gotten so bad between those two that its time for distance.
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's what I'm worried about. Samsung is the best in mobile chips right now, if Apple moves away from them we might see that fluidity of iOS go away, especially if iOS 7 takes a big step forward.
Samsung and LG are arguably the best in mobile displays, if Samsung is out of the picture, will we see a drop in quality in that field as well?
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Not without one of them burying the other in cash.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 21289; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man that's deep yo. And you're probably rite too, it's gotten that bad. +1
11. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
Why doesn't apple just build factories in the USA and allow americans to build the iPads. It's clear they are switching to china because cheaper manufacturing costs. It has nothing to do with Samsung.
12. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
They arent just outsourcing to a different country dude. Their products are made completely by other companies. Its no solely about cost.
16. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
you thumbed me down when you don't know what your talking about. they outsource because its cheaper.
again apple moved manufacturing outside the us because its cheaper for them and it allows them to pocket more money
they have a huge offshore account and will probably never bring that money in, for obvious reasons.