NBA and Samsung waste no time marketing the new Galaxy line (with LeBron)
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2013, 10:34 posted on
We knew going into last night that Samsung and the NBA had entered into a new $100 million three-year deal which would have Samsung supplying the NBA with TVs and tablets for courtside use. Of course, we knew that the deal wouldn't be stopping there, and the NBA wasted no time in proving us right by flashing the Galaxy Gear...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
He then signed a contract with Apple and handled the transition in the worst way possible.
2. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
*Not an Apple bash. Anyone from Cleveland will get this reference.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 10573; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep like Samuel L. Jackson and Martin Sorcezee (spell check someone). Yeah they're too greedy.
14. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
... i can't even begin to put together the words to describe how wrong you are felis.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 10573; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah the bulls sure got a piece of that marketing last night.
5. makio9 (Posts: 47; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Somebody explain to me why Lebron features himself in advertisements...doesn't he have enough money?
7. HouTexan (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Um, that's what happens when you're the best basketball player in the world right now.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 10573; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Tell him that one more time. Doesn't he have enough money, dude did you really post that?
11. HouTexan (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
I don't even know why he would even consider asking that Smh
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 10573; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly man. If he's a hot commodity, and he is...make that money. +1
20. a_merryman (Posts: 643; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I think after Bill Gates hit the 100 billion mark, he realized he had more than enough money and was like "Soooo.....what can I do with this now? Maybe I'll try to cure malaria or something for starters."
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yup cure malaria by buying shares of Monsanto ...
25. makio9 (Posts: 47; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Stupid yanks....the point I'm trying ot make is why would anybody waste their time in advertising when they already have enough money.
26. makio9 (Posts: 47; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Bill gates features for his own company. That is in no way related to Lebron in a Samsung commercial.
Moreover, Samsung is doing nothing to increase Lebrons own 'brand'.
And yes, I did and continue to still ask that. Must be an American thing.
27. makio9 (Posts: 47; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
If there is anybody over the age of 18 and not a complete moron, by all means, I'll attempt to listen to a rebuttal that doesn't include "because that's what you do when you're a hot commodity" and anything related to Bill Gates.
13. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
So If someone offered a contract for millions of dollars to wear a watch and make a commercial you wouldn't do it?
I don't care how much money you have, its hard to say no to that.
15. quakan (Posts: 1160; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
If I called you and said,"Hey can I give you more money to star in a 30 second commercial?", how would you respond?
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 10573; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'd be like nope, I have enough money. Go give it to Kobe lol.
18. stealthd (Posts: 932; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I don't think you understand the ego of wealthy Americans. There is no "enough". There is always more.
19. willard12 (Posts: 737; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Why does Tim Cook keep selling iphones and ipads....doesn't he have enough money?
21. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
He must be getting paid a fortune to wear that hideous thing.
24. biagnosis (Posts: 18; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
1:28 He just did the crab step, in short he "travelled" lol