Mystery of the sliding Lumia 920: phone develops a mind of its own when lying flat
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Dec 2012, 04:32
Owners are reporting that they have witnessed their Nokia Lumia 920 just slide away when lying flat on some surfaces, dropping on the floor as a result. Now, the phone is built like a tank, and nothing happened to it when it slid, but it wasn't vibrating with notifications or anything that would cause it to move while just standing still...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 10 Dec 2012, 04:39 5
I think this has something to do with the wireless charger of 920. It may interact with magnetic field of the laptop.
2. eisenbricher posted on 10 Dec 2012, 04:50 10
lol no, it was happening due to the low friction between smooth surfaces of Laptop and the phone screen. Small vibration from the spinning HDD of laptop caused it to slide. Check on wpcentral.
16. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:07 0
26. eisenbricher posted on 10 Dec 2012, 13:19 4
What LOL? Your hate antennas tingling?
32. Nadr1212 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 22:01 1
It's probably some effect that happening, like the ones in movies
3. Thephonegeek posted on 10 Dec 2012, 04:52 14
Oh my God Lumia 920s are possessed by VooDoo majic. Be careful. Hahahaha.
6. terter posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:11 0
Of course the most important factor here is the vibration of the laptop caused by the HDD and the fan.
7. jubbing posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:13 4
Why would you put ANY phone face down on it's screen? Am I the only one who freaks out if there's even a tiny scratch on the device?
8. regkilla posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:18 9
The screen can't easily scratch on the Nokia Lumia 920.
9. dickwyn posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:25 4
and even though it dropped on the floor the screen wont be harmed
12. jubbing posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:41 1
So what? That's the same as most newer phones with Gorilla Glass 2 Screens. Does that mean feel free to throw the device around on it's face?
15. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:06 1
Failed technology, they produced the phone in a hurry into the market, cause eflop had few months to prove WP8 will succeed™®©
18. jubbing posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:36 9
Actually 'troll' it is already succeeding all over the world.
29. steelicon posted on 10 Dec 2012, 21:29 0
Except the biggest market of them all = China.http://www.phonearena.com/news
1.1 billion Chinese use cellphones; Android owned 90.1% of the Chinese smartphone market during Q3
33. jubbing posted on 11 Dec 2012, 01:14 1
Moron, they haven't launched the Lumia 920 in China yet.
34. steelicon posted on 11 Dec 2012, 03:32 0
"Moron, they haven't launched the Lumia 920 in China yet."
10. lintek posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:28 4
This is just another AD, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is still the King! LOL!
13. dickwyn posted on 10 Dec 2012, 05:41 0
isn't Nexus 4 and Optimus G users facing the same problem ?
17. Tsepz_GP posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:24 2
Lol, was this really news worthy?
My GS3 does tend to slide due to the smooth back cover so even on surfaces that arent at a steep angle it does tend to slide more so than my S2 did.
19. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:43 0
hmmm... a phone with a mind of its own, now thats what i call a smartphone!
20. bayusuputra posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:49 0
No, it's jedi Power built into the phone.. Connected to your mind through Qi..
21. steelicon posted on 10 Dec 2012, 07:07 2
Probably the Microsoft Lumia 920 is so disappointed that Android is 90% of the market in China, the single biggest market in the world, that it want to commit suicide in shame.
Not even all the sales of every SKU combined of Microsoft Lumia can overtake Symbian, S40 and MeeGo.
35. eisenbricher posted on 11 Dec 2012, 08:24 0
Are you some butthurt Symbian employee from Nokia who got kicked out?
36. steelicon posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:42 0
No. Just a person who collects data and facts, not a fanatic of some cult or anything.
Are you a cult leader of some sort?
23. frustyak posted on 10 Dec 2012, 10:58 0
Call the Ghost Adventures crew to investigate. Probably the ghost of the late Steve Jobs haunting WP8.
25. frustyak posted on 10 Dec 2012, 12:59 0
Every single previous comment has at least one little red thumbs down next to it?
27. TheOldOne posted on 10 Dec 2012, 14:35 0
what's so special about it: put you phone on a table, make sure is set to vibrate and have someone to call you, voila!
30. -box- posted on 10 Dec 2012, 21:34 2
"One thing is for sure - the attention to minute Lumia 920 details seems to be reaching iPhone and Galaxy S line levels"; you mean iphones and galaxies are starting to reach Nokia levels? Nokia has been in the business a lot longer than the other two and has legendary attention to detail and hardware quality.