Mystery Samsung device pictured, shows new design
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2013, 16:47 posted on
The other day, there was talk that the Samsung GALAXY Note III might come to market using more, how can we say this, premium material instead of the plastic that has been the mainstay of the Korean manufacturer; now comes a tweet sent by serial leaker evleaks that could be giving us a clue to Sammy's new direction...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Note 3 or different variant of Galaxy s4? It has the pen so probably note 3 or a tablet.
2. Twisted247 (Posts: 202; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
looks like dog ish... square brick like an iturd
36. cheetah2k (Posts: 804; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
The design is like the Sony Z, and to be honest, if you've held the Z in your hand, it's thin and very classy design makes it appealing.
TBH, I really like the shape of the current S3 / S4 design, it just needs to be aluminium or some other alloy composite that gives it a quality feel.
42. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Not really, when i held an XZ device its too square w/ uncomfortble sharp edges.. it seems to be bigger than my gnote2
56. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Blind?,, dont get me wrong thats my opinion, my friends also said such
61. dAnT3 (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
yea square like a brick Meh! give u around edge phone u say "y u no square?" they give u aquare phone u say " y u no have round edges?" ufff!
3. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
actually it's not showing a new design
it's showing a stolen design
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I thought it did resemble Lenovo's K900 a bit
16. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1344; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Enlighten me, where did they steal this design from? It's a f***ing rectangle! Are oems going to have to come up with shapes never seen before to be able to sell phones? A geometric shape is not patentable. Otherwise we'd have one tire manufacturer.
22. grahaman27 (Posts: 347; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
apple has a patent on rounded rectangles, this is a square rectangle- DUH!
plus, I think this is fake, samsung just recently nailed down their "inspired by nature" design. This would kill their design language that they have been pushing.
68. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
come down guys of course I didn't mean from apple
I meant that is resemble Xperia Z ,lenovo K900 ْand xperia L
71. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1344; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
And my point is it's a rectangle, no rounded corners or anything like that. That is an unaltered (no rounded corners) geometric shape which cannot be patented. This whole "they copied their design" BS is getting out of hand. I mean seriously, are they going to start hanging stuff off the phones so they don't look like each other. All these phones essentially do the same thing and serve the same purpose, if would make sense that their form would be similar, otherwise you'd see phones shaped like triangles, hexagons, octagons, rhombuses, etc. Of course no one would buy them because the design doesn't lend itself to easy use. Hell look at that LG Vue, it's square and was derided for complication of use for everyday tasks. There's a reason why similar products take on a similar shape, be it vacuums, cars, microwaves, etc. For them to function, a certain shape is required.
6. simplepink (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
The oreo colors. Yuck but I'm so excited for the note III!!
7. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
waiting for metal design from samsung. this is very ugly design
9. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Design isn't Samsung's specialty. Should have great specs though.
10. Igneel (unregistered)
Not very Samsung-ish.. The design is not as ugly as usual.. It's uglier. White button on a black bezel? :P Anyhow, good luck. I like seeing OEMs trying something new.
11. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
whatever the new design will be it won't satisfies everyone because there will always be haters and trollers who are small minded people but hope to satisfy the majority
12. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Hm... I like how the device is looking shape-wise... but how about seriously consider removing the button...
28. bparkerson (unregistered)
Shape wise... you gotta be kidding me! It's a rectangle, as rectangular as a rectangle can be!!!... I'm shocked at what I'm reading in these comments!
45. lyndon420 (Posts: 1732; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Are you sure you are actually READING the comments, more specifically the one you just replied to?
74. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
So.... what does that mean... I have to like the stuff you like eh?
I usually get shocked at reading comments like your's, people who thinks their own opinion is the gospel and try to forced it down other's throats. It's things like this that give fanboys a bad name.
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
If this is the NOTE III, I'll pass!
37. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 139; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Let's hope not, it looks more like a prototype of such.
44. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Yahh it looks Yuck.. drop that square sharp edges design!! It looks cheap and somewhat uncomfortable..Samsung no need to change a lot, just ditch the glossy thing whch makes ur phone looks cheap.. i love my galaxy note 2 design
17. rgxVOiD (Posts: 433; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Looks like a mix between Lumia and Xperia S
18. idogwireless (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
I prefer rounded corners instead of square however if its the Note 3 I would still buy it.
19. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 52; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
actually it's one of the galaxy s4 prototypes, a square one.
why I know it, because I'm working at a mobile retail system and this is what ss throwed us at a ss4 train-day
21. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 52; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
btw, it's look cool for me but trust me, not ergonomic hands-on so that why ss decide to release s4 curve.
update: We heard about s4 with s-pen, this is it. S4 prototype with s-pen.
Go ss go!
29. bparkerson (unregistered)
30. bparkerson (unregistered)
I'm calling BS!
20. galanoth (Posts: 314; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
People didn't like Samsung's roundy GS3 and GS4.
People don't like Samsung's rectangular phones.
I guess people just don't like Samsung no matter what they do.
25. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
buttmad haters with buyer's remorse, that's why. everybody hates iphone because it's an iphone, and now everybody hates galaxy because it's a galaxy
53. lyndon420 (Posts: 1732; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Agreed. Once samsung makes a unibody everyone will be screaming "Oh you just copied apple and htc". But...if they pull this off and keep the battery accessible with sdcard support, maybe more people will be happier.
26. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Oh goodness. I'm excited about the Note III, but that thing looks hideous. And I hope the real deal won't be unibody.
With how simple it looks, it's probably just a container while they're testing out the screen and internal components. They'll probably flesh out the external body later.
27. bparkerson (unregistered)
But folks come on.... Samsung can do better than this. This is nothing more than a prank all the while someone is laughing their ass off! Really, let's not be so gullible! A Thick Sharp Cornered Rectangle... LMFAO!!! I can't believe everyone with the audacity to actually say, "I like where Samsung is going with this".... ROTFLMFAO!!!!
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i can dig it, i'm always down for more angular looks but i don't think this is real.
32. Bumpingmobile (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
It really looks like uncomfortable to hold with your hand
33. pyradark (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
wow xperia white Z copy!! come on sammy
your better than this!!!
34. Whateverman (Posts: 3192; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Please... Oh, please don't let this thing be the Note 3!
35. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
that screen is definitely too small for the note 3
39. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Could you tell me please what size is this screen???
40. TheRequiem (Posts: 151; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
All their test units come in box like figures to test hardware, they never finalize the design this early... that means the Note 3 will have a different design then whats pictured here.
41. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
Samsung needs to buy out HTC so they can use htc designs with samsungs software.. Now that would be bad ass!!
43. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Yuck.. drop that square sharp edges design!! It looks cheap and somewhat uncomfortable..
Samsung no need to change a lot, just ditch the glossy thing!
46. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Please Samsung don't screw this up.
DO NOT go uni-body unless you keep the features that make you better than the rest.
I don't want to settle for an S4, but uni-body typically means less features
49. Andrewtst (Posts: 314; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Great if Samsung change design. :) But change do change, need to be nice looking also.
50. papss (unregistered)
I actually like this design and hope its the new style of SS. Now stop the terrible hyper glaze crap and you have me loving it