Mystery LG handset is back
0. phoneArena 10 May 2013, 16:07 posted on
Remember that mystery LG handset we showed you last week? Serial leaker evleaks has come up with another photograph of the device, which still looks to be the LG Optimus G2; since the original photo was released, LG has sent out invitations for a May 30th event that will take place in Macau and as the invite shows, the phone that will be announced will be pretty thin...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. lovesamsung9x (unregistered)
it looks alot different than the s4
11. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
No need for a very clear vision to notice its close resmblance w/ gs4 and besides it is covered w/ a defctive screen guard haha, look at every corners of d leaked device so many inconsstncies
Anyway all smartphones w/ thin bezels look stunning :)
8. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
no this is better than the s4 amazing thin bezel screen.
10. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
But i cant see the bezels coz it seems to b covered by a plastic
12. papss (Posts: 2868; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
It's pretty clear how thin that bezel is. From this photo it looks nothing like a S4
13. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I know it will have thin bezels just like g pro.. now i carefully examined it and yahh it has very very thin bezels
Dont get me wrong,, if d gray part has straighter lines then i will have no doubt abt it..
I dont know if u hate samsung, but it really looks like d gs4...i have a ttnium gry note2 and that device also looks like note2 w/ thiner bezels
14. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Lol why hide? Haha
Piece of advice:dont hate any company :)
The earpiece, curve edges, the metallic looking rim all in a black panel__gs4 look a like.. i assume this is just a false leak, even it looks stunning, LG myt not want another samsung device look a like ;)
18. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 593; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Do you eat letters? Anyway if this looks like a GS4 you might as well say it looks like a lot of phones because the front of the phones nowadays always look similiar.
20. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Im aware of that, well im just saying that it really looks like a gs4_super close resemblance_.. htc phones Xperias opt G oppo find5 iphones dont look like this and d gs4
21. aditya.k (Posts: 378; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
You can also go on to say Samsung manufactured this mysterious LG phone! :P
26. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
But whats d difference between them? Haha
27. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4650; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
S4 - Same old design
Mystery LG handset - A new design
31. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Huh? Thats it? Cmon give me an acceptable answer
33. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4650; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Huh? That's right! That's it! I gave you a simple acceptable answer.
34. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Ok ur just 14y/o,,
I mean i want the physical differences
Just what ive said, gs4 and this leaked device - thin bezels(slytly thnner on this LG), the curved edges, the metal-looking rim, earpiece-all in a black front panel.. i dont hate LG so this is just a friendly opinion
35. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4650; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What's the problem of being a 14 year old? I said I gave you a simple acceptable answer.
You want a more acceptable answer? Ok, let's start!
This mystery LG handset looks alot better than S4 because of the reflective earpiece, slim bezels, LG logo on the bottom and the gorgeous design!
Ok, that's all! So, what are you gonna say? Stop acting like an 8 year old, you keep calling me a 14 year old over and over non-stop! Stop it okay?
36. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I'll stop with that photo coz they look the same, just slimmer bezels on this LG.
37. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4650; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nope, they don't look the same! :)
e.php?m=Articles.Images&f=name &id=83872&name=lgmystery.jpg&c aption=This+mystery+LG+handset +apparently+is+buttonless%2C+a t+least+in+front&title=Image+f rom+%22Mystery+LG+handset+leak s%2C+could+be+the+LG+Optimus+G 2%22&kw=&popup=1
38. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I actually cant see that one here in this new leak..
This new leak seems flat across the front panel like d gs4, while the first leak seems to have a curve edge like d gs3..
The first leak looks like d g pro and i still cant imagine this new leak coz it may have been covered by something plastic
And if d first leak comes true then the side bezels are not that slimmer than gs4.
39. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Anyway lets just hope for d best..
LG claims this to have a new screen technology, exciting :)
3. alltechinside (Posts: 222; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
probably not a nexus phone. Doesn't seem to resemble the nexus 4. Looks like this will be the LG Optimus G2.
4. jcarrigan (unregistered)
really hope its not a nexus phone because that means it most likely wont be on Verizon. Its bad enough that google may be releasing a 4glte model of the nexus 4 and putting out on those carriers that have that. 6 months after the device originally came out.
This is a beautiful phone and may be the first LG smartphone i get :)
5. sharks (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
You mean Nexus 5 should resemble Nexus 4? I really hope not! An improved and fresh design for Nexus 5 is what we need right now and not another follow-up in the steps of the S3 -> S4 design DNA.
6. alltechinside (Posts: 222; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
The Nexus 4 resembles the Galaxy Nexus (except the back). We should see something similar for the front but this doesn't seem to have a resemblance.
I'm not saying the Nexus 5 should resemble Nexus 4. It just something that google wants to make it so. The nexus 5 will probably have a different back texture.
9. bparkerson (Posts: 100; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
If this has a qualcom 800 I just might be interested. The less bezel the better for me too!
15. JunBringer (Posts: 93; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I don't think you can beat those side bezels on the Nexus 4. They're so comfy.
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Thought I was on to something, but now I'm not so sure. In the image above, it appears the LED light (or the FFC maybe) is on the left side of the device. Looking at images of the Nexus 4, they'd be on the right side. I figured it was the Optimus G2 then, checked images and the Optimus G also has it on the right side.
So, I looked at the speaker. In the image above, it's centered in the top bezel. But, again, after looking at the Nexus 4 and Optimus G, they both are identical... with the speaker flush against the top portion of the bezel where it meets the frame.
Looks like if it's a successor to either line of phones that they'v moved some of the internals around. Unless... I guess it's possible we could be looking at a mirror image.
In which case, all of my hard work was for naught and I humbly admit defeat.
17. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Also, after looking at images of the Nexus 4... Damn, I really like that phone. If only Verizon's trifling & meddling ways wouldn't make them a Nexus phone in-name-only.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Will be equipped with the S800....? Hope so.
25. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4650; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Damn! The front of the phone looks gorgeous! I love it!
28. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
looks like nexus becuse the curved screen.. or maybe google decided for a design change..and theyre going to make the new nexus more rectangular?
29. LGSource (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 May 2013)
It is LG Optimus G2...will be available to AT&T / VZW / Sprint / T-Mobile.
30. justsayit (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 May 2013)
will have a more colorful screem?? will the first 2k screen resolution phone?maybe because is LG!