Mysterious Samsung tablet appears at the FCC, stays for lunch
Looking at the drawing of the back cover, it would seem that the corners are more rounded than current Samsung tablets. This could indicate the beginning of a new line, or a softening in the design of a refresh for a current tablet. While the FCC visit isn't really much of a help, perhaps some more information will be released in court. After all, a tablet with an 11.8 inch display is a bit too big to keep under wraps for so long, especially when you have Apple's attorneys requesting every piece of scrap paper ever used by Samsung employees.
source: FCC via Phandroid
1. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
2560x1600 > 2048x1536
Samsung.. take my money..
8. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
...... The article clearly states 2560x1600...
On a 11.8-inch display that comes out ot 255.84 PPI -- which rounds up to 256 PPI...
But... well.... um.... yeah...
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2442; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
LOL.....someones gotta do the math eh?
12. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Because out there, somewhere, is an iFan, reading this article, thinking -- "it's not Retina cause the screens bigger !"
9. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
16. Eraser112 (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Nope, the GT-PXXXX Series stands for a Galaxy Tab
18. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
thats what i was thinking aand the code was fake to hide its true idenity not likely
4. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
rounder corners because of apple...
still wont be better design than sony :D
7. Nokia-Arte (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
No one will or has beaten SONY in designs. . Look at the Zseries, only
for the rich and entrepreneurs and celebs!!!!!!!!
6. doejon (Posts: 347; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
looks like that this tablet takes the resolution of the samsung note 10.1 :D
15. doejon (Posts: 347; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i mean the missing resolution :D
samold hd plus xD now that would be feaking awesome
17. Eraser112 (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Well there is already a tablet with an SuperAMOLED Plus HD Display - the Galaxy Tab 7.7
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
hmm, interesting. maybe this is what is in store for the end of the month. o:
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh, that's what i meant. i forgot when it was so i decided to put the end of the month hoping that it'd be close enough. xD
19. m_dandy (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
it could be a exynos 5 dual cuz' the 5 dual supports 2560 x 1600 resolution
(take that apple!!!!)
20. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
why is samsung want bigger rtablet.. 10.1 - 10.6" are hideous and that's ehat stoping me on looking on microsoft surface! 8.9 and 9.7 are standard for a big tablet... and 10" up are for netbooks!!!
thats why i dont like galaxy tab/note10.1 because its big... i like the size of galaxy tab 8.9 because its standard...
21. xtian1103 (Posts: 357; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
this will come with android krispy kreme out of the box!