Mysterious QWERTY-equipped BlackBerry 10 prototype appears
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 18:22 posted on
The other day, we showed you a picture purportedly of the BlackBerry Jakarta aka BlackBerry Z3. While this is one of the low-end models being designed, produced and warehoused by Foxconn, BlackBerry is believed to be working on a pair of high-end models in-house.One is expected to be the quad-core powered BlackBerry Ontario while the second could be a 64 bit octa-core model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's probably the ugliest phone I've ever seen in my life.
2. AppleJuice (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
Omg jajaja can't stop laughing, it's so boxy and... weird.
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
is the j really an 'h' - just wondering
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
jajaja = hahaha in Spanish. In Spanish, the 'j' has the same sound as the 'h' in English, hence jajaja.
42. YoJerms1977 (Posts: 15; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
Well why does he laugh in Spanish, but make the rest of his comments in English?
44. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I read your comment before I looked at the pics & I thought to myself, "Smurf needs to stop exaggerating & being so damn dramatic." I looked at the pics. I take it back.
45. Sriniva1995 (Posts: 44; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
True that..... it looks like chen has engineers who basically suck....:-D
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
So beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, and tremendous phone I ever seen.
What a piece of craftsmanship this phone have. Just wow.
5. HASHTAG (unregistered)
After seeing this, I think that BlackBerry has traveled back 10 years in the past. That design is simply awful!
29. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No, they did not travel back in time. Actually, they traveled forward into the future - the future where the only employee left at BB is John Chen. This is the WORST example I have seen yet to wear the BB/RIM logo.
39. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Doubt this is the finished product.
7. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Blackberry...will you die already....lol...this company is so incompetent - makes Microsoft look like APPLE....
9. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
What in this article makes them incompetent? Troll elsewhere, loser...
15. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The company as a whole is incompetent as they have failed to adapt to the marketplace....actually not a troll, but someone who knows that Blackberry's time is done - they should just make software for other OSes...SEGA is a good example of a company who recognized that it was time to get out the console market....
18. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And you would be the expert on such matters? Please...there time is nowhere near done. Their stock has been rallying. The New CEO John Chen has been making all of the right moves and decisions to make the company profitable again. The three incompetents before Chen is who brought the company to where it is now. He's been bringing it back. A year or two from now when the company is still here and profitable, I'd like you to be one of the first to come on this site and recant your negative words.
17. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I love how a troll calls someone who has been on this site for almost 4 years, a troll....hi-larry-us
19. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Then you're 4 years a troll.
21. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
hmmm, clearly you do not know much about what is going on with Blackberry - go ahead and read up on their marketshare and their many mishaps over the years, and then get back with me...please, be better informed before you call someone a troll...
23. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Clearly I do and you DON'T. That's why I can call you a troll, troll....
32. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
See, there you go, again. Look up Blackberry, and see how well it is doing - it is barely hanging on for its life....they should do what SEGA did, as at least SEGA knew when to give up..apparently, you do not...
35. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
also, look up the definition of a troll, in terms of the internet - if I was trolling, I would be bringing up something not related to Blackberry - well? Get going, you got some researching to do - and your name is alphageek, which is not very apropo, mind you...maybe alphanoob is a better suited name...
37. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
I know what troll means, you troll. And if you don't have anything meaningful to add, perhaps you should keep your mouth shut and let the ADULTS have an ADULT conversation. Why would you hope for the downfall of any company? You must not be pro-choice or understand that choice is good for the industry and the consumer. You don't like BlackBerry? Fine. Go to a non-BlackBerry article and post all you want. And you keep bringing up SEGA. You must have been a big fan. Probably broke your heart when they went out of business. You need to follow suit and go out away from BlackBerry related articles. And clearly, you only get your news from phonearena, or you would know how BlackBerry stock is the rise. Networkdood? More like NetworkDUD....
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This 'design' makes me want to go out and buy a Bold 9930, just to send a vote with my wallet to BB that their new product designs are crap and that they should stop right now. I just can't bring myself to waste a contract upgrade, so I won't.
11. Genersis (Posts: 218; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Not bad, looks like it may be a bit stretched horizontally.
Looks very much like it could be an early prototype.
13. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Blackberry just made their death wish. Hideous doesn't even cut it.
16. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I know - it is actually kind of sad...
20. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
I highly doubt the finished product will look like this.
22. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Many of their phones look pretty hideous...but, I hope you are correct on this one...
24. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Actually, the Z10 and the Q10 look great...
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And the Bold 9930 is to this day, the best with a physical qwerty keyboard. Better than the current Q-series.
BB should take a real hard look at the 9930 to understand what worked with that model. They are going from bad to worse these days.
33. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
BOLD series did great with AT&T, once upon a time - I remember those fun calls from customers asking how to troubleshoot them - email issues, forgetting Blackberry PIN, etc...most people that called into me had no business owning a Blackberry, and I can see why many left for APPLE (a simpler, yet boring phone).
36. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
All BBs are hard to use if your are looking for iOS-like simplicity. The OS10 ones are even harder to use than the BBOS7 editions. But I digress. My post was made to draw a contrast between the high water mark for qwerty keyboard BBs (9930) and the abortion that is the subject of the article we are all commenting on. This latest edition is worse than even the very first BB, the RIM 850 and 857.
25. xtroid2k (Posts: 521; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
History has a way of repeating its self. I know a lot of people looking for a simpler phone are going to love this my mom has a note 2 and said she wants her phone to be less complex. She had a bb before so I think this is it.
26. Sesameopen (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
What honestly in the name of god is this...
27. GullicksonC (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
If the Keyboard wasn't that cramped it would look somewhat appealing. Hope that it is fixed later on
28. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I must be missing something, even zoomed in there's no numbers or special characters on the keyboard. Can't be real.
34. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
BB is trying to give you a hint that you don't need numbers or special characters - time to be minimalist.
41. tenzin (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Dec 2013)
Too fat but look at Samsung or Nokia and its boring design otherwise BlackBerry 10 os is the best at the moment. I love writing sms end emails on mobile first time in my life also gesture os make life easier I can easy operate 5inch screen with one hand
43. isprobi (Posts: 656; Member since: 30 May 2011)
One thing for sure it does not look like an iPhone. I just want something with 10.2 BB10 on it since I cannot seem to get the update on my AT&T Z10.