Mysterious Nokia Lumia with a large screen leaks
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 07:00 posted on
What is this? A never-before-seen Nokia Lumia smartphone? Well, it seems so, but we still don't know any specifics about it. As a matter of fact, this might even be a photo of an old prototype model that might never see the light of day, but who knows, it might also be a perfectly legit model scheduled for release in the not that far future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. aaronkatrini (Posts: 239; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Looks like a prototype. The bezel is too big.
19. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Exactly. There's so much bezel and the phone is large but certainly not the screen. Looks like a 4 inch screen.
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Isn't the logo old? Prototype of the 710 I reckon.
4. yowanvista (Posts: 332; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Nope, this is probably a WP7.8 device judging from the Windows button. WP8 devices all have the Windows 8-alike icon on the button.
18. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Good call. Probably an old WP7 prototype. Nokia should avoid making it anyways... one ugly phone.
5. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
that looks like purple to me -__-
btw amazing theory :D
6. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Looks like an 820/22/10 prototype with a large bezel, and the hand in the picture looks old. Without a scale in the picture, hard to say.
I hope it's true. My wife got a GS3 from work this week and after playing with it, 4.7-4.8" feels nice, but I am used to 4.3" on my Lumia 900. A slightly thinner and lighter 920-evolution with a larger screen and smaller bezel would be very interesting if it were as durable as the 920. I don't mind the 920's bulk, but it wouldn't be a bad thing for it to lose weight.
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Whoa, that's a bottled water that's sold here in Philippines, i don't know if you guys have a similar bottled water. It's a magnolia "purewater".
Anyways, the phone looks like a test phone/prototype. And Im thinking it's a WP7.8 given the fact that the WP logo button's for WP7
8. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
9. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1273; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
it's a prototype folks old or new I like the fact it does not have sharp corner like on Nokia lumia 920 which I will get soon but I may wait to see what Nokia brings out at CES they may bring out a 5 inch hd screen dual lumia 1000. yeah Nokia bring it on I would buy one.
10. cdgoin (Posts: 375; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
How come its considered a Nokia..? I dont see a nokia logo or app.. add to that the speaker looks HTC. In any case think its a older prototype.
12. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Ray forgot to mention that it's running Windows Phone 8.
14. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
this phone is a midrange phone at best. for one it doesnt have a polycarbonite body that the lumia 900 series do. also looking at the screen resolution, it is 800x600. also it is using an old windows logo as the windows button, but that could also be to just throw off anyone from thinking it's a prototype.
15. cheeseaddict (Posts: 49; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
might be the galaxy note 2 competitor on the works!
20. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Too small... unless dude has huge hands.
16. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
thats a 7.8 phone look at the windows logo!
17. rembo65 (Posts: 38; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
and why is that we are so certain that this is a NOKIA??
23. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Well, PA, since you think you are smarter than real experts working in real companies, you tell us what this could be? :) C'mon! We all know you are smarter than HP, Nokia and Apple's engineering and marketing teams put together, so go on, tell us.