Mysterious Nokia Lumia with a large screen leaks
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Dec 2012, 07:00
What is this? A never-before-seen Nokia Lumia smartphone? Well, it seems so, but we still don't know any specifics about it. As a matter of fact, this might even be a photo of an old prototype model that might never see the light of day, but who knows, it might also be a perfectly legit model scheduled for release in the not that far future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. aaronkatrini posted on 14 Dec 2012, 07:19 3 0
Looks like a prototype. The bezel is too big.
19. Joshing4fun posted on 14 Dec 2012, 15:44 0 0
Exactly. There's so much bezel and the phone is large but certainly not the screen. Looks like a 4 inch screen.
3. No_Nonsense posted on 14 Dec 2012, 07:23 1 0
Isn't the logo old? Prototype of the 710 I reckon.
4. yowanvista posted on 14 Dec 2012, 07:30 4 1
Nope, this is probably a WP7.8 device judging from the Windows button. WP8 devices all have the Windows 8-alike icon on the button.
18. Bilpocalypse posted on 14 Dec 2012, 15:42 0 0
Good call. Probably an old WP7 prototype. Nokia should avoid making it anyways... one ugly phone.
5. Ohrules posted on 14 Dec 2012, 07:35 0 0
that looks like purple to me -__-
btw amazing theory :D
6. -box- posted on 14 Dec 2012, 07:40 2 0
Looks like an 820/22/10 prototype with a large bezel, and the hand in the picture looks old. Without a scale in the picture, hard to say.
I hope it's true. My wife got a GS3 from work this week and after playing with it, 4.7-4.8" feels nice, but I am used to 4.3" on my Lumia 900. A slightly thinner and lighter 920-evolution with a larger screen and smaller bezel would be very interesting if it were as durable as the 920. I don't mind the 920's bulk, but it wouldn't be a bad thing for it to lose weight.
7. neutralguy posted on 14 Dec 2012, 07:52 2 0
Whoa, that's a bottled water that's sold here in Philippines, i don't know if you guys have a similar bottled water. It's a magnolia "purewater".
Anyways, the phone looks like a test phone/prototype. And Im thinking it's a WP7.8 given the fact that the WP logo button's for WP7
8. Ohrules posted on 14 Dec 2012, 08:57 0 0
9. 7thspaceman posted on 14 Dec 2012, 09:12 0 1
it's a prototype folks old or new I like the fact it does not have sharp corner like on Nokia lumia 920 which I will get soon but I may wait to see what Nokia brings out at CES they may bring out a 5 inch hd screen dual lumia 1000. yeah Nokia bring it on I would buy one.
10. cdgoin posted on 14 Dec 2012, 09:41 0 0
How come its considered a Nokia..? I dont see a nokia logo or app.. add to that the speaker looks HTC. In any case think its a older prototype.
12. simplyj posted on 14 Dec 2012, 09:54 0 0
Ray forgot to mention that it's running Windows Phone 8.
14. freebee269 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 10:22 0 0
this phone is a midrange phone at best. for one it doesnt have a polycarbonite body that the lumia 900 series do. also looking at the screen resolution, it is 800x600. also it is using an old windows logo as the windows button, but that could also be to just throw off anyone from thinking it's a prototype.
15. cheeseaddict posted on 14 Dec 2012, 10:26 0 0
might be the galaxy note 2 competitor on the works!
17. rembo65 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 13:52 0 0
and why is that we are so certain that this is a NOKIA??
23. Shino posted on 17 Dec 2012, 03:59 0 0
Well, PA, since you think you are smarter than real experts working in real companies, you tell us what this could be? :) C'mon! We all know you are smarter than HP, Nokia and Apple's engineering and marketing teams put together, so go on, tell us.