Musician poses as girl online to get back his lost Apple iPhone 4
At 7pm, the crook showed up with a bottle of wine, clean shaven and reeking of cologne. He obviously thought he was in for a big evening, and he was, just not for the same reasons he was hoping for. When the thief opened the door, he was tapped from behind by Nirenberg who was wielding a hammer and demanding back his Apple iPhone 4. The criminal turned out to be short and soft-spoken, and immediately returned the handset to its rightful owner. Perhaps not forgetting that this guy did find his iPhone, which at first was merely lost, Nirenberg gave the guy a twenty dollar bill as a reward, which he grabbed as he fled down the hallway.
While the whole thing took only 20 seconds, the musician says that he won't file a charge with the cops because he doesn't want trouble. All he wanted was the return of his phone, which he did get back. "It’s pretty rare to get your phone back," he said. "I feel giddy." And assuming the guy who found his phone had made a few calls with OKCupid, Nirenberg might be busy going out on dates over the next few weeks.
1. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Awesome! Now he can continue to be 3 years behind.
Plus...the money he doesn't spend on a current handset can now be used for a decent haircut and some pimple cream.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I figured there would b something stupid said about this... Congrats on being the first. Grow up man.
5. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
You think "PotDragon" can grow up?
anyways, stupid thief!
24. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Hey may need to grow up, but you need to grow some balls, it's not necessary to be politically correct all the time and like it or not everything he said is true
28. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
Right? Not much more annoying than a message board white knight.
14. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 813; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Streetlight Manifesto is the best punk ska band around and it was a clever way to get his phone back. I don't care what phone he has this man is awesome!
22. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 200; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
I love that they cover Bad Religion's Skyscraper. Best cover ever!!!
19. weinerslav (Posts: 121; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
AhAh, I take out my hat to you sir, you're funny!
C'mon red thumbs, you may think it's a bit mean but it was funny!
3. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
i would never think that way to actually try and get my phone back
6. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Ha! Good job to you sir. Should have hit him with the hammer, just to knock some sense into the fool. Maybe he would have think twice before trying to take something that does not belong to him.
12. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
But the phone was not stolen, it was lost, and who here would not take a perfectly decent iphone just laying there? Dont be childish...
13. dsmboost (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
You can certainly find the owner of a phone simply by looking through the phone a little..It was definitely stolen.
23. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Is there a law that states this or are you making stuff up?
31. dsmboost (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Seriously? You need a law to force you to be a decent human being?
8. jmoney62987 (Posts: 31; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
I always like to read good articles about people getting their phones back.
10. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Hmmm, lets see, he lost it, and never even tried asking for it to be returned. If i had found it and was asked politely i would have given it back. If on the other hand i was asked with a hammer i would have smashed it into the floor. Simple as that.
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Trombonist in a punk rock band? Is there something i'm missing about punk rock that has a trumbon-ic sound?
15. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 813; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Punk Ska. Listen to "Everything Goes Numb" and you'll instantly understand.
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Alright...anything for a new type of music. Which band?
18. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 813; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The one this musician belongs to Streetlight Manifesto. Goldfinger or Reel Big Fish are also other good bands in this genre.
16. waltah (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
So he got back his old phone and now the guy who has it also knows where he lives and has set foot in his place. Wonder what he'll do when that MB on his table or instruments go missing.
20. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 616; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
That was a clearly brilliant but albeit foolhardy thing to do, what if the guy who found the phone was some big brute who you gave your address, what if he was a well trained war vet with issues? You people are crazy, thank the lucky stars that nothing went awry and the guy was some wimp and not something else that would have made this story an obituary. Idiots in here think doing things like this is good or heroic, morons with the amount of crazies lurking the streets this was in no way a safe thing to do without the professionals.
21. techloverNYC (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
smart guy! This is way more useful than the "find my phone" app.
25. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
What a total bag of d*cks! He could've at least asked the guy for his phone back before brandishing a freaking HAMMER and threatening the guy! If I was the one whio found his phone I would press charges, there is no excuse for his barbaric actions. It's not like the guy stole it, it was found property
26. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 200; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
hammer wasnt the best idea but the guy who found the phone wasnt exactly a good Samaritan. If you find something of value that isn't yours you have to turn it in to the police. And being a creeper on OKC isn't exactly helping his case either.
29. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
I'll agree with that, but the guy didn't even try and say like "hey dude, I know you have my phone could you do the right thing and give it back? I'll even kick you a reward. Otherwise I'd hate to get the police involved." Instead of threatening the guy with a hammer.
In the "theif"s defense how many of us would turn a found phone in to the cops? I wouldn't, but I would try and contact anyone in the contact list such as "Mom", "dad", "work" etc. After that, sorry, it's mine.
I also think most people would just assume they will never see that lost phone again, so it's really not even worth looking.
27. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I don't see how this is smart at all. Now the thief knows where he lives.
30. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
I don't think it's fair to call someone who found property a thief. I do think he should've just reset it back to factory settings, using the owners pic was pretty odd and creepy.