Music video shot entirely on HTC Droid DNA
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2013, 00:25 posted on
The Droid DNA by HTC is a pretty nice device, but it is also a bit of a red-headed step-child in the broad array...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Thats great show with high quality record..my brother have this beauty and I only can say its superb all a rounds.
but I still waiting for one.
2. sprucex (unregistered)
Yah, not that impressive; mebbe in 2010 that would knock ur socks off but now with imovie, avid studio etc for phones and tablets that droid video is mediocre at best.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am waiting for HTC to make a similar effort with the One. They just need to be able to have the One available to make the commercial with.
4. sprucex (unregistered)
You wanna see some incredible shots taken from a phone camera? Search for the iphone pics of the yankees in the NYT. Incredible.
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1480; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
give credit where it should be given , they did a great job with what they have got , stop being jealous (unless you are some hollywood director using 4K cameras to shoot movies )
16. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
bulls**t.. tI own this phone and it out performs ihone in all departments.. only issue is that i have clean lens every time before shooting
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The HTC Droid DNA, also known as HTC Butterfly in some countries.
I must say that this phone is still amazingly gorgeous even though it compared to the One.
So, yeah, both are gorgeous by the way.
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You're right, I really like the all black/white/B&W HTC butterfly(not the black and red though). HTC should've kept this kind of design for the One, imho.
Idc how premium aluminium feel in hand, it has more cons than pros! The drop tests speak for themselves anyway.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree, HTC should've kept this kind of design for the One, and for me, red is beautiful for the Butterfly, I wish HTC will add one more color option, and that's the red color.
And the drop test is quite creepy, what's creepy? The One's speaker grill cover comes out when dropped. (If you know what I mean.)
6. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I'm sorry but it's not an impressive video from a quality stand point. Artistic editing, maybe, good song, sure, but not great quality. If I were HTC, I wouldn't go barging about this.
17. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
bad joke this phone could out perform any phone till march 2013
20. ebubekir26 (Posts: 312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
you are way behind, sure DNA is a great smartphone, but you're comment doensn't make sense, this phone can't out perform any phone,
23. LionStone (Posts: 556; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Yes it does, easily...still in the top 3 for 5" Superphones through Summer and probably into the Holidays.
8. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
im a fan of HTC and thats not that good quality... =\
9. smallworld (Posts: 460; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
HTC braggging about camera quality.....
All of their cameras have been s h i t so far in comparison to others.
Hate if you want but this is the truth.
10. JunitoNH (Posts: 1294; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
One thing for sure, the camera outshines/ outperforms the music.
11. gogowho (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
another commercial? stop it. since theysaid dslr could be replaced with one x. I know HTC has no shame. what ever they say, they are still a system integration company, and have no technology at all.
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1480; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
what do you think about Samsung professor gogowho?
15. rbbnice07 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
I actually had this phone for a week and got rid of it SPECIFICALLY because the camera sucked. I was bragging about how much better my screen display was than my girlfriend's iPhone 5 and then we took pictures to compare the camera. I was super let down because I thought a phone that was hyped up how beautiful the screen was, would be able to display pictures and videos I took and be stunning. Not the case whatsoever. If you want a fast phone with a good camera, get the Note II right now or wait for the S4. It doesn't matter the megapixels a phone has, or the screen resolution necessarily for the matter, it's the camera lens that the manufacturer uses. And HTC lenses are trash.
18. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT YOU HAVE TO CLEAN LENS EVERY SINGLINE YOU TAKE SHOTS ITS VERY SENSITIVE TO DIRST AND CLEAN THE LENS YOU CAN BEAT IPHONE 5 IN ALL DEPARTMENTS
21. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no you cant, stop your crap. the iphones camera is up there where as the DNA's cameras average at best
ohh and caps lock just makes you look like your having a tantrum because your phones not good in the camera department
22. rbbnice07 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Exactly. I actually work for Verizon and play on these phones every single day. And do you really think I wouldn't think to wipe the lens off? Obviously you should clean your lens off with every phone's camera. I mean with a normal camera don't you usually try to not touch the lens? Common sense. DNA is trash and Verizon is discontinuing it very soon because there are so many problems with it. HTC isn't even manufacturing them anymore due to this fact. The HTC One is replacing it mid-summer on Verizon's network. DO NOT BUY THE DNA.
25. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
look at this video ..
DNA is an awesome phone and HTC failed to market it and launch it in other countries in time.. this phone was never released in europe.. but it beats all bench marks.. build quality screen and camera
29. rbbnice07 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
you're blind dude. benchmarks don't mean s**t when it comes to taking pictures and video. why don't you just get off this entire site hahahah. someone's got sand in their vag.
19. ylo58 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Music is nice, but video is typical HTC with annoying dropped frames every second or two. I am getting the impression that HTC is making this on purpose.
26. 14545 (Posts: 1272; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Wow, this wasn't that good. This reminded me fo the terrible Moto quality videos. I think my rezound takes a better video than this.
28. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
yep those colors are horrible.my N95 shot better video than that.less resolution but the colors were more natural than that at least.but the htc is a great looking phone
32. jennah (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
More reason to like the Droid Dna..But I am still more impressed with its display.