Murtazin: Tizen almost DOA
But Murtazin's tweet says that the delay is actually a cancellation of the entire Tizen project and he doubts that Samsung will release more than one Tizen powered handset for 2014. The OS is essentially a combination of Samsung's Bada and Nokia's MeeGo and was beginning to take on more importance inside Samsung as a way for the manufacturer to maintain its freedom from Google and its open source Android platform.
A follow-up tweet from Murtazin hints that Intel is doing a moire interesting Android based project that will also involve Samsung.
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
My first phone: 100% android and forever android
my backup phone: 40% chance an android, 40% chance blackberry, 20% chance windows phone, 0% chance for other...
10. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
dude, why so much dislike to windows phone? its at least better than blackberry
12. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3428; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's obvious that her hatred isn't directed toward WP...at least not this week, anyway.
19. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Regardless of her opinion, we all now know that there is one less competitor for windows phone for the 3rd place. LOL
Even if Tizen is a reality in the future it will have a hard time keeping up. And even if it ends up capable of running android apps, i dont think Google will allow tizen devices to access the playstore, because they need Samsung to see Android, instead of letting Tizen compete with Android by giving Tizen a big advantage.
15. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
40% chance for blackberry and no chance of iOS?
16. felisberto (Posts: 32; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
why no chance for iOS?you'd be sued for discrimination.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Same2 Wp8 never ever.
GOD that wp8 platform really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, at least Sammy didn't launch a half-baked project. On other news, it would seem that the smartphone O/S market is settling into 3 players - Android, iOS and WP. Buh-bye BB.
3. Topcat488 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Samsung sure are spreading their eggs around in diverse baskets... When one fall or fail, well, off to another project. :)
4. Taters (Posts: 4732; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Eh? Intel was already in on Tizen weren't they? Now they are doing their own?
6. Feanor (Posts: 496; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I was just about to say. Please be so kind to correct it.
7. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
"A follow-up tweet from Murtazin hints that Intel is doing a moire interesting Android based project that will also involve Samsung"
Does this, by any chance mean, that Samsung will be one of the first out with next gen or Bay Trail atoms? This sure looks interesting considering what a BayTrail scored in AnTuTu running at almost half the freq. its capable of.
11. papss (unregistered)
Tizen? We barely knew you.. I don't expect much from any of the smaller ones coming out tbh
13. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I don't like this guy. He lost his credibility a long time ago but I wouldn't be suprised it it turned out to be true. It was known from the same beggining. All focus on android, dumping bada, rumors about some android-based system developed in a close partnership with korea goverment and so on and so forth.
14. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Tizen - Dead before his birth.
Jolla and Ubuntu have a chance now.