Munster: there will be a $200 unsubsidized Apple iPhone in 2013
0. phoneArena 24 Aug 2012, 14:40 posted on
Anslyst Gene Munster is predicting that by next year, Apple will be offering a $200 off-contract version of the Apple iPhone in an effort to boost sales of the device in emerging markets where Apple's market share is low...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. downphoenix (Posts: 2416; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Wow, where do they get these analysts?
4. aaronkatrini (Posts: 239; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Calm down folks! They said a cheap version of the iphone was coming before iphone4 release, they said the same for the 4s, and so are doing now! there wont be! neither a cheaper version of the ipad (note CHEAPER, not smaller, very probably there will be a 7inch version to compete with Nexus 7)
6. -box- (Posts: 3879; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Unless they continue to sell the iphone3gs, I could imagine that going for $200 new next year. It'll be 4 years old then!
21. aaronkatrini (Posts: 239; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
even though with entry level specs, the 3gs can keep up with most of the mid range phones, and for 200 bucks seem quite a good deal
16. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 245; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
They'll listen to any person standing on a soap box.
15. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
2013 would be tooo late. But $200 is still a good price for clearing dead inventory :)
24. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i believe if they will do that... android is no more!!!