Multiple Congress representatives support cell phone unlocking and look to submit bills
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2013, 15:55 posted on
It's refreshing to see that Congress can actually work and get things done. Soon after the White House officially responded to the petition to make unlocking carrier-locked cell phones legal, multiple congressional representatives from the House and the Senate have stepped forward not only to support the initiative, but to submit legislation to put the will of the people into action...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. suneeboy (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Would be great if we get true unlocking i.e. any phone on any carrier as long as it can access the network.
2. mityblumpkin (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
there goes my job at selling cell phone service
3. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
at last!! its really working. yes give us some freedom
4. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
hope this passes....
they should write a law against locked bootloaders because locked bootloaders interfere with a customers freedom of choice of what Rom they want to run...
5. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
There's way too many important issues to focus on over legislation to unlock cell phones.
6. corporateJP (Posts: 1555; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I always knew you were suspect as hell, but I never knew you worked for Verizon.
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2669; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Given that Congress can't agree on any of the important issues, let them start with something small and maybe work their way up. Better to pass a bill about unlocking cell phones than spend all their time filibustering routine appointments.
8. MartianMe (unregistered)
I'm feeling a little proud right now...it is been a long time since i felt this way about America.
9. MartianMe (unregistered)
I forgot to add..legalize medical marijuana and support gay marriage ...after all if they want to live miserable for the rest of their life like any other married couple ...go ahead.