Multiple Congress representatives support cell phone unlocking and look to submit bills
6 March Multiple Congress representatives support cell phone unlocking and look to submit bills
4 March The White House responds: phones and tablets should be unlockable
28 February FCC will investigate cellphone unlock legality
21 February Success! Petition to make unlocking phones legal meets goal
20 February Reminder: phone unlocking petition needs signatures by Saturday
1. suneeboy posted on 06 Mar 2013, 16:12 5
Would be great if we get true unlocking i.e. any phone on any carrier as long as it can access the network.
2. mityblumpkin posted on 06 Mar 2013, 16:12 0
there goes my job at selling cell phone service
3. wizzardtech posted on 06 Mar 2013, 16:46 3
at last!! its really working. yes give us some freedom
4. OptimusOne posted on 06 Mar 2013, 16:51 4
hope this passes....
they should write a law against locked bootloaders because locked bootloaders interfere with a customers freedom of choice of what Rom they want to run...
5. Mxyzptlk posted on 06 Mar 2013, 18:44 0
There's way too many important issues to focus on over legislation to unlock cell phones.
6. corporateJP posted on 06 Mar 2013, 19:02 4
I always knew you were suspect as hell, but I never knew you worked for Verizon.
7. MichaelHeller posted on 06 Mar 2013, 19:48 6
Given that Congress can't agree on any of the important issues, let them start with something small and maybe work their way up. Better to pass a bill about unlocking cell phones than spend all their time filibustering routine appointments.
8. MartianMe posted on 06 Mar 2013, 22:16 2
I'm feeling a little proud right now...it is been a long time since i felt this way about America.
9. MartianMe posted on 06 Mar 2013, 22:20 1
I forgot to add..legalize medical marijuana and support gay marriage ...after all if they want to live miserable for the rest of their life like any other married couple ...go ahead.