Mr. Blurrycam shoots Sony Xperia Z1 mini next to BlackBerry Q10?
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2013, 02:33 posted on
It was just last Sunday when we told you about a published report concerning a rumored mini version of one of the most anticipated phones yet to launch this year; we are talking about the Sony Honami mini which might actually be titled the Sony Xperia Z1 mini considering the expected true name of the full-sized model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7599; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Well it's definitely is living up to the Mini name that's for sure.
15. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
but not the Mr.Blurrycam, this is more like Mr.Shakycam
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Defiantly will dominate the iPhone®
Finally a massive contender, with much better specs than the iP5
19. oister85 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
The iphone is no competition even for the galaxy s3.
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7599; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sorry, but it won't dominate the iPhone, especially with the new model coming out in less than a month. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
24. buccob (Posts: 1334; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yeah... I hope this is not the Mini... if that is the case, the screen will have to be 4" the most... which is underwhelming
The size of the Sony Xperia pictured is close to the size of Xperia Go (Xperia Advance in US) and that has a 3.5" screen...
I would love the Honami Mini to be a 4.3~4.5" screen with off screen buttons
6. WTF24 (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
nc one sony!!.maybe this time samarena would rate this one high,,,
7. SonyPS4 (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I hope Sony can show rival true mini smartphone without sacrificing specs.
8. digicon (Posts: 114; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)
That's a good one . . . what's the controversy ? . .
9. Finest (Posts: 76; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Samsung and HTC minis would be dominated by this Honamini
10. samara_saeed (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
so the best 2 mini phones at this time moto driod mini and this sony i am thinking alot about these phones .
11. mafflambo (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
my hopes are very high now after seeing this pic
12. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If the rumors about Honami mini is true it will be much more better than Droid mini.
but i agree with you Droid mini is one of the best “mini” in fact its the best “mini” so far
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5138; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If the rumors were true, Honamini will be the only mini that has the same beasty processor and camera like it's bigger brother.
I hope that this is the true mini, #thebestofsony.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Sony like no others
Sony why compromise
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3934; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I just hope that 2,400 mAh battery can handle the S800.
14. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If all the rumors is true and this phone is announced on the same day with Honami, the camera lens, and other Sony accessories it will be a knock out punch for every other manufacturers.
But Sony should do aggressive marketing if they really want to succeed, I just hope they don’t do dirty moves like some other companies.
20. Genersis (Posts: 177; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It's roughly 1.6mm thinner than the Xperia P from what I've heard, so I think a 4 inch screen is the biggest we can expect on it.
Unless it only has 2mm bezel on each side of the screen, which isn't really a Sony strong point...
22. Taters (Posts: 2640; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The ZL had to shove everything in the trunk to accomplish the rest of it's dimensions. The ZL is a fatty considering the battery is so small.
26. Genersis (Posts: 177; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It's still a one off achievement for Sony, and I doubt they'll bother again with a phone small to begin with.
25. buccob (Posts: 1334; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I agree... if you use PA size compare tool... you can see that the phone in the picture is close in size to the Xperia Go... and that has a 3.5" screen...
If the mini has a 4" screen... or even 4.3" but with screen buttons (it seems that way from the pic) I just getting the big Honami instead
27. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
who the f**k takes these shots. in this day an age taking a decent pic should be so easy. now when i see these ''blurry'' pic i just think controlled leaked...atleast the phone looks like it lives upto the mini moniker unlike the one mini, only thing left is sony to keep the spec same as possible minus the screen, 1080p not needed pn 4.3'' screen and a s600 instead of s800 is most likely again not a huge issue...as others have said it looks like the screen might be 4'', i hopes thats not the case, imo 4'' is a tad too small.