Mozilla launches Firefox OS simulator as platform-neutral browser extension
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Nov 2012, 04:53
Firefox OS, the HTML-based operating system formerly known as Boot to Gecko, will have a tough time competing with the existing players as even high-profile…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Samsomesh posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:05 4 0
Looks good...! Almost all thing in the OS icons, number keypad, etc,.. Is rOund.. Yeah to be successful it should have some new appearance.!.
4. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:44 0 0
Nokia belle's icon is also round . However i am wondering how can it runs nokia maps ?
5. chaoticrazor posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:50 0 1
belle icons are exactly round there like inbetween round and sqaure but that doesnt matter
6. muhsen posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:05 0 0
nokia made a deal with mozilla that its OS will use nokia maps.
"A web version for Mozilla's upcoming Firefox OS will be released next year"
7. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:06 0 0
Oh , i see
14. MC1123 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 21:39 0 0
well, i dont know why PA still didnt post that nokia is rebranding its maps to "HERE" and will be available as an app to iOS (pending verification), android and firefox OS!
which put me to some question, why is nokia supporting firefox OS? is it their plan B? will they make firefox OS-base phones?
coz why they will support something that isnt even available yet?! and even though BlackBerry is considered dead by hateful people, it still has many loyal fans and would love to have BB10! so why they didnt make one for BB10?
16. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 21:55 0 0
Why the hell they want to do that ? Firefox OS feels more like a dumbphone platform than smartphone . Just like the iPhone . They already have Nokia S40 .
I just hope Apple hasnt patented dumbphone OS
18. MC1123 posted on 17 Nov 2012, 17:14 0 0
it not really a platform for dumbphone..but it will target low-end phone! this is still an OS of a smartphone but its goal is low-end smartphone!
but who knows!! but they really need to replace S40 if they want to stay relevant on low-end! but not really wishing for these firefox OS...but with Symbian!
19. thelegend6657 posted on 17 Nov 2012, 22:57 0 0
Phone arena do report that here maps is coming to iOS and android
3. Andman314 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:15 3 1
Apple will find a way to sue them. That's all apple is good at now.
8. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:08 0 0
Downloading firefox now to try out boot to gecko , usually i use chrome
11. nikel posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:23 1 0
I dont see something new even abit, they just mix the OS between IOS, Android and Symbian lastest version. Really suck
Icon just copy from Symbian Style
12. roscuthiii posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:27 1 0
Doesn't look bad... also, doesn't really seem to bring anything new to the table either. Either way, competition is a good thing. Competition is the true catalyst of innovation.
15. MC1123 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 21:40 0 0
really looking good! but hope it will be like just common OS... being HTML5 means they need data right? coz its a web standard! oh well i dont know what really is firefox OS... i'll just wait for it! and if someone knows a thing about firefox OS, please tell me! :)
17. Arthurhkt posted on 17 Nov 2012, 10:31 0 0
Icon basically mix up from iOS, Android and Symbian. Task Manager similar to Windows Phone, HTC Sense and Symbian. Marketplace similar to BlackBerry appworld..... Well that amazing, but still i like it.