Motorola's pipeline didn't "wow" says Google's CFO
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2013, 18:29 posted on
Google CFO Google CFO Patrick Pichette told those attending the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference that Motorola's pipeline was not up to the "wow" factor by Google's standards when the latter company purchased Motorola in 2011; Pichette said that the end of the pipeline has not yet been reached although he did say that Google's work was "quite promising"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5468; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Still excited too see the hand set and 5.0. But only bad thing is it will be only for VERIZON. I just want too see KEY LIME AND THE HUGE BATTERY LIFE they would put in it
2. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Can't wait to see what the Moto X has to offer!
18. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Google is almost making excuses here just in case the X phone accidentally puts the entire field to shame. :)
I mean it sounds exactly like downplaying that they I mean Motorola made something so good that questions Google's promised impartiality, because badmouthing own product doesn't make sense otherwise.
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
this MOTOROLA X might just kill the GS4 .WOW..
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Wonder what the word wow means to these guys
5. maka.itu.gua.BENCI.BB (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Seeing the google standard.... such as nexus 4,7 & 10
I think we all will be thrilled by it.
7. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Come on Google- Bring it. Wow me. I love Moto products, they just FEEL top notch. I am hoping KLP is the beat all/end all, and that Moto runs stock Android for those of us wanting that and choices besides the Nexus series.
I like the looks of some UI's running over Android, but usually not the long-term performance of them. The Nexus series are always good devices, but not since the original couple efforts have they been that "wow" factor they are reffering to.
Come on guys- you redefined Mobile. I am excited here....
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I also wish for some wow... Google now and search there the only real wow, and the share shot feature on the galaxy (I wowed) oh and the shooting while filming got one of my eyebrows up high... But I could use some actual change... Maybe new navigation options (similar to Ubuntu and BB10) a gaming platform, a new way to interact with my message applications (/I would love a message center) but please give us something worth 5.0 update...
8. belovedson (Posts: 821; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
tizen can become a hit. they really need to concentrate on a lightweight os with app support. the blackberry os
9. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i wonder the game thing too. motorota phones are well build. really good stuff. i dont buy them but i see business people here in NY with them. i dont know why google dont "wow" by the RAZR
11. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I saw a naked RAZR at Radio Shack today, I forgot how sexy they are, mine is in an otter box...
12. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
But "going forward", does Motorola's line of RAZR phones have and "upgrade path" ? Will existing users that bought its 2012 flagship handsets be "left in the lurch" when Motorola decides to not push the key lime pie update due to differences in the kernel??
14. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Motorola is so hit and miss. Their Razr HDs have had their issues but the DROID Razr M seems solid. Still at the end of the day id buy an HTC/Samsung/Nokia instead. Motorola let me down with my horrid Photon.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
what kind of issues are you referring to? i'd say the HD is every bit as solid as the M and i have both of them. o:
17. giri5555 (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
This is a slap on the faces of Motorola phone owners! Its like saying "You are fools to buy our phones"..
19. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I appreciate the honesty but still want to see it for myself.
Also it looks like someone went on a thumbs down rampage in here.
20. bluescreen (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
i really want the note 3 although if motorola can build a phone with specs almost as good and fantasic cell reception i might go with them instead as im on the verge of coverage and need better reception....