Motorola's own website outs the 32GB Motorola Moto X Developer Edition
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2013, 03:06 posted on
Motorola's own website has outed the coming Developer Edition of the Motorola Moto X; a Google Play edition of the Moto X is expected, although it is rumored to be launching with the same exact software that any carrier version of the phone will contain. In other words,none of the Motorola goodies will be removed from the Google Play version of the Moto X...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Please price it around $450 Moto! Not that the product is too inferior to flagships, but coz it actually doesnt justify the price on paper. Alas, im yet to use it to pass a judgement.
O.T. Love the speed at which Alan F. churns out good articles (mostly). Kudos!
2. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
i'll pay whatever they are ask for it , if they fix the camera, it is the only reason that's keeping me from buying it.
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7290; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
What's wrong with the camera? All tests so far place it on par with the cameras on phones like the Galaxy S4.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The only things I've heard against it is that the colors are dull and low light isn't as good as expected. Definitely manageable, especially when compared to Motorola's cameras before this.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
all of which can be fixed with software updates.
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I really hope Motorola sends out an update soon. I don't mind the dull colors, but I've seen the low light shots, and it's definitely not as good as what was demonstrated in this article;
9. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Where are these tests?? I have yet to see a review that said Moto X's camera is on par with the S4.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
"phones like the Galaxy S4" = High End 2013 Smartphones
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd say the Moto X's camera is the most well balanced out of the current crop of Smartphones. good low light performance with decent sharpness. like merging the Ultrapixel Camera and Samsung's 13MP Sensor. everything Moto needs to fix camera-wise is software based. the problems won't be easy to fix but they'll be easy to notice when they're fixed being that Moto's New Camera handles a lot of the editing by itself.
5. samara_saeed (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
how can i buy it from out side usa or is there any way to buy it from inside and shipping it to another country ?
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
If you have a friend in the U.S you can send them the money to buy it and ship it to you I guess. Or you can buy it from a website that specializes in unlocked devices; NegriElectronics ships to every country except for Turkey, Russia, and Brazil.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3429; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Wow. Moto Maker is extremely underwhelming.
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3429; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Funny guy. That would actually be pretty sweet. I was just unimpressed with the number of options. Didn't care for most of the back colors...you only get to choose from white or black for the front & I hate the way two-tone phones look. Not enough accent colors, etc. It's something they should look to flesh out more next time around.
13. evarod48 (Posts: 152; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
i completely agree, the color renders seem far off what the actual colors are in real life as well. The red accents are basically pink on moto maker
15. kamranzia (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Motorolla has really come up with a smartest device