Motorola's XOOM "project" turns out to be the Android ICS update indeed, rolling now to select owners
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Jan 2012, 05:53
Only those with Google Experience Wi-Fi or 4G LTE XOOMs, which are members of the official Motorola forums and Feedback Network need apply. Oh, and you need to live in the US, too...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz posted on 13 Jan 2012, 06:36 0 0
Why so much secrets for an ICS beta? Damn that was a bit dumb
8. cheetah2k posted on 13 Jan 2012, 18:12 1 0
Dumb indeed. I mean WTF Motorola?? Just release it world wide already.. Motorola would have to be the biggest Douche of a company on this planet..
2. speckledapple posted on 13 Jan 2012, 06:40 0 0
Agreed but that means that my device will be getting that lovely update quite soon.
3. davecann2 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 07:22 0 0
Motorola XOOM was an epic fail from the start. It was actually a decent device but it was way over priced and under hyped/marketed. It Moto puts out the XOOM 2 I can garentee it will be another flop
5. Sniggly posted on 13 Jan 2012, 11:35 3 0
I agree with the under marketing. I still think the overpricing argument is bulls**t. For what it offered the XOOM was priced only slightly above the iPad, and then the wifi XOOM was exactly the same price as the nearest equivalent iPad. Was it competitively priced? No. Was it overpriced? No.
7. gallitoking posted on 13 Jan 2012, 14:27 0 1
it was overpriced .. it had more specs than the ipad2.. but Apple has build brand recognition as oppose Motorola 1st tablet... and since it has been proven that specs mean nothing to the general public.. having a competetive pricing would have help... marketing 101... Sniggly...
10. Sniggly posted on 13 Jan 2012, 19:32 2 0
So...basically, you agreed exactly with what I said, and yet you still somehow managed to be condescending and claim I was wrong.
Way to go, Gallito! You get a gold star!
6. imkyle posted on 13 Jan 2012, 12:27 0 0
According to Moto so far Xoom and Family Edition, Bionic, Razr are getting ICS. The more to come.
9. cheetah2k posted on 13 Jan 2012, 18:13 0 0
But when?? probably in 6-12 months time. Motorola needs to pull their thumbs out of their a$$es
11. Sniggly posted on 13 Jan 2012, 19:33 0 0
Not sure if the Defy+ has the specs for ICS. And the Xoom is getting ICS only 2 months after its release. That's pretty goddamned speedy work, dude. Aren't you the guy who keeps claiming that the Atrix only got Gingerbread 11 months after the phone was released?
12. imkyle posted on 13 Jan 2012, 23:06 0 0
Do you think the xyboard is getting it soon or just the com for now?
13. Sniggly posted on 14 Jan 2012, 00:00 1 0
I'm not sure. I'll bet it'll get it in the next few months, but Motorola is probably trying to get XOOM users taken care of first due to the LTE update debacle with it earlier last year.