Motorola will be the exclusive provider of DROID devices for Verizon
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 13:52 posted on
There had been some speculation about the relationship between Motorola and Verizon now that Google has taken over Motorola; and, that speculation was intensified by the news that the Moto X would be available on all major carriers in the U.S. But, it seems there was no reason to speculate, because it turns out Motorola will be the exclusive provider of DROID devices for Verizon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Birds (Posts: 1027; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Well flip me over and screw sideways in the fahhhhcing ear.... Sorry HTC...
3. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That might be best. HTC made some good Droids too, but for Motorila gave the Droid line all it's best efforts.
9. kanagadeepan (Posts: 722; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Yes, Moto made people to think that Droid series are sleek, great battery life, durability... Where as its reverse in HTC Droid cases...
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yeah but no one on Verizon wanted the HTC DNA they wanted THE ONE international version PHONE cause its a sexier design than just the ugly BIG RED DROID eye in the middle of the phone
4. skymitch89 (Posts: 1114; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
All that Motorola being the exclusive provider of Droid devices means is that there will not be anymore sequals to the Droid Charge, Droid DNA, & Droid Incredible lines. It doesn't mean that Verizon will be the only ones getting Motorola devices.
6. roldefol (Posts: 3178; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No, but it means that Verizon will be sole provider of premium Motorola phones. The Moto X may be the only option for the rest of the US.
5. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
so technicall verizon has partnered with google in partnering with motorola right ? so does this mean ppl on verizon will get faster updates
7. roldefol (Posts: 3178; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
"ppl on verizon will get faster updates"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Good one!
8. eman99 (Posts: 238; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
Well it's always been Motorola for the taking only exclusive for Verizon doesn't make sense
11. roldefol (Posts: 3178; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
When Verizon agreed (curiously belatedly) to carry the One, that looked like the case. And when the Droid Ultra leaked with a 5" screen, it was all but confirmed.
Maybe Sprint will get it as an EVO, who knows.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well i'm sure the T6 will pack the battery for the people wanting an HTC with a MAXX battery.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
If HTC can fit a 3,200 mAh battery into a 10 mm device with a 5" display, I'm sure they can fit a slightly larger battery (3,500 mAh) onto a device with a 6" display at about 8 or 9 mm.
But, if Motorola ever made a phablet, it would probably have a 4,000 mAh battery.
12. ibap (Posts: 710; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
It means nothing. So they won't call them "DROID". So what?
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
What did I tell u. Motorola always kissing Verizon a.s.s BIGGER BATTERY bigger screen and probably a SD CARD. On the other hand the X PHONE is customizable still wondering whats the
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
They basically already were with some also-ran's thrown in by HTC.