Motorola whiffs: now 2 for 3 in German Apple lawsuits
0. phoneArena 10 Feb 2012, 14:30 posted on
Motorola's winning streak in the German court system came to an end this week, as Apple was ruled to have not infringed on a 3D/UMTS patent that Motorola was asserting...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Two out of three isn't a bad record at all. Adjust and overcome.
4. biophone (Posts: 1909; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Its the german court system which is terrible. I really don't think apple and moto have any case against each other outside of germany.
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that is such a joke court, you never know which way its going to go. that said, their average is better than Apple's by far.
9. biophone (Posts: 1909; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Apple has so many junk lawsuits ofcourse its better. The slide to unlock lawsuit for example.
2. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"Motorola still has two significant victories against Apple in the Mannheim courts"
this is what matters
5. biophone (Posts: 1909; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
However beacuse of frand apple is payig royalties at a fair price. Considering there profits i don't thonk they care.
3. Stuticus (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Three data points are not enough for a trend though. We'll see what hapens when time goes on. With how long motorola has been around and how many patents they have, I hope apple gets crushed.
6. biophone (Posts: 1909; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
The only ones getting crushed is the consumer. These patents wars a bad and lets just hopw they end not cheer for more.
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
unfortunately, the only way they are going to end or at least subside at this point is if apple gets crushed in the courts. They have enough money to keep a full court press going on all sides for quite some time. They have to have their knees capped in order to start to play nice.
10. biophone (Posts: 1909; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Apple diesn't need to get crushed but if they keep loosing and the court makes them pay lawyer fees they will stop which is what should happen. If they don't stop who cares they are just hurting themselves.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wrong remix... we are so deep into the patents wars to just ended by Apple being crushed.. why because they are not the only ones involve there are other lawsuits not involving Apple.. what about those?...
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the difference, gallito, is that apple goes after everyone they see as a financial threat with the most vague of complaints. it is a bully tactic. they have what is just about the world's largest war chest and they are not afraid to throw it around. They know they wont win on most of these lawsuits, the point is to SPEND the other company into submission. It is a cold war tactic. It is exactly how the US beat the USSR and ended the cold war. We spent them into depression and inflation.
Other companies sue all the time, but very few sue just to continually keep them tied in litigation. Most have an actual point... you know.. like a real patent, not just a napkin drawing.
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and what is the excuse for the other lawsuits...involving other manufacturers?
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
off topic.. I need your advice on something.. will email u later ok
12. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
This is sad really. Motorola is unable to compete in the marketplace and instead of putting money into innovation they're trying to compete in the courts.
13. biophone (Posts: 1909; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I thought you were going to say apple and after reading your comment i did a double take.
19. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 272; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
can i have the drug ur on please? i need a little high now
20. AceXMachine (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
This is a troll comment if I EVER heard one LMFAO