Motorola website source code suggests a wood-backed Moto X could cost $50 extra
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2013, 17:40 posted on
The Moto X was released today along with the Moto Maker customization tool. Moto Maker doesn't yet offer the option for a woodgrain back plate for the device, but we know that will be happening eventually. However, if you take a look at the Motorola website source code, it seems that the special back plate could cost you extra...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. a_merryman (Posts: 670; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
It seems that all 3 woodgrain backs will cost $50, as the Rosewood and Bamboo options also show the same.
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I would love the CabonFibre, or Titanium version please
14. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
$50 is high though a $20 won't give a scratch. Still having something exotic material like wood is a pride possession. Enough aluminium and glass is already available in market.
6. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
dont you think $50 is a bit too much?
handcrafted woodcase for phones are about $30 and that is actually pretty strong case. this is thin cover back cut by machines.
and most woods come with coating to avoid insects and rotting so nothing unique or expensive about it.
8. a_merryman (Posts: 670; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I do think so. And I was also surprised that all the wood types were the same price. In every other case use, different types of wood have different costs. Due to the scarcity of each type and the demand of it.
12. boosook (Posts: 990; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
And don't you think that this offers a little more than a simple woodcase? :-)
13. marbovo (Posts: 643; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Tell us more, why you think a smaller and probably not handcrafted wood part offers more than the otter one?
2. papss (unregistered)
I love the wood cases
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What about the options for all Sapphire Glass, front and back, or Ceramic™
9. AfterShock (Posts: 2800; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Then it would have to be priced like a iPhone.
10. papss (unregistered)
That would be super sweet actually.