Motorola videos show its new Android 4.0 skin
0. phoneArena 27 May 2012, 01:54 posted on
Motoblur no longer exists, so Motorola is going to have to come up with a new name for the skin it plans on using to run over its Android 4.0 powered handsets; it does have a resemblance to stock Android with a few changes such as an updated lock screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is still a dream to use however the build used in the video is slightly different than the build i'm running but i don't know if the build in the videos is newer or older than mine. i'm only talking about little aesthetic things though, the actual principal experience is really the same.
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh and why do you guys have to throw in a bit about the phones that AREN'T being updated? is that really necessary? glass half full guys, glass half full.
4. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
This is now one of my favorite skin by FAR. I love the Stocky look and feel. This makes me very excited for the Razr HD.
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Same with me. I'm loving this. I never imagined a day when Motoblur is actually really awesome.
95. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Also, anyone realize that RIGHT after Google buys Moto, the UI becomes like stock Android? Lol.
98. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
we've had looks at this since the beginning of the year. i've been running this for over a month.
3. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That lockscreen...great thing but nothing innovative. Nokia bubbles has got it for a long time. First, HTC pilfered it, now Motorola.
I guess it's better than nothing. Being innovative nowadays is a hard task.
26. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Its hard to use slide to unlock and not get sued by Apple. Change is good.
74. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Everything cant be absolutely innovative all the time.
As long as it makes Apple happy, keeps Apple out of their face....its all good.
5. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
So far the best skin which doesnt drift away too much from stock. I'm actually considering getting a Razr MAXX but I'm not sure if its worth it with all the new phones around like the S3 and One X.
10. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
s3 and the One X are awesome. I'm in the same boat as you, though. Personally, I'm holding out to see what becomes of the Razr HD, compare it to those two, and up grade from my Droid X accordingly.
28. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
If you guys are heavy users, the razor maxx is the way to go, a buddy of mine at work just got one, we work 12 hour shifts, and he spends breaks watching netflix and streaming music like a fiend, and at the end of our shift there is barely a dent in his battery life, it really is an awesome phone.
38. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
That's exactly why I want it, I'm having a terrible experience on my Sensation's battery life which I mostly use for web browsing 24/7.
73. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Then go with the maxx, he loves it because now he doesn't have to worry about extra batteries or making sure he doesn't forget his charger, honestly I'm jealous of him and if I had Verizon, I would jump all over that thing in a heartbeat.
96. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I'm holding out for the HD because it's been leaked the HD would (and I don't know why they would) have that 3300 mAh Bat. Been hearing that it'll probably be here this summer. I don't mind the wait. :)
6. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Personal preference, two colours that don't go for me, is red and black together. Which is what motorola seems to be using with all its products.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
how does black not go with something? xD
42. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Have you not seen any of Verizon's Droid marketing? "Big Red" is as much behind the red & black as Motorola is, if not more so. Even most of HTC's Droid phones got the red & black theme.
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Lol RAZR will get upgraded to ICS and be on a more updated build before the galaxy NEXUS gets one update. Fail
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Um. Dude. The nexus just got an update to 4.0.4.
50. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's still pretty bad. the 4.0.4 build for the Razrs leaked before the Galaxy Nexus got it so there were some Razrs out there running a new build of ICS than the Nexus for a minute.
88. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea? I am still on 4.0.2 thank you :)
89. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i thought the initial launch version was 4.0.3? o:
92. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Nope on 4.0.2 for 6 months now. Not one bug fix patch, nadda.
97. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well i'm on 4.0.3 sooo...yeah, really the only advantage the Nexus seems to have is a higher quality display.