Motorola to update Moto X to Android 4.4 KitKat in "a matter of weeks"
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2013, 08:17 posted on
The Motorola Moto X with Moto Maker has just launched on all major US carriers, and Motorola claims an upsurge in sales is already happening…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm getting my Moto X by the end of the week.
Motorola has really owned lately.
4. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I'm going to order one for my fiance here soon for Christmas now that the Moto Maker is available for Verizon Customers. :)
The fact that they are rolling out Kit Kat this fast for them is a breath of fresh air. I wonder how long it will be until the Verizon Droids will follow up with this update?
5. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
If it follows the update timeframe of the camera update, I expect the Droids about a month later.
7. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I didn't think about that, but it does make perfect sense. Thanks
6. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
The SoC consists of four Cortex A7s clocked at 1.2 GHz and an Adreno 305 GPU. This SoC appears to be much better than the Mediatek junk.
9. YuLeven (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 May 2013)
I think you're a bit confused, sir. This is a Moto X article. It's the Moto G that uses the Snapdragon 400 SoC (Four Cortex A7 + Adreno 305)
8. greenmunky (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
I just wish they would release the wooden back options already... I know that as soon as I settle on a different color scheme they'll be announced and I'll have buyer's remorse... but I don't want to wait on something that's not going to come in a timely manner either. Decisions decisions decisions....
10. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
That and the Color Orange. Still wondering as to why that color was completely omitted from their plethora of colors
11. greenmunky (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
I'd also like to see a metallic green accent color, if the wooden backs are too far off that is.