Motorola sued by Apple over use of multitouch in Android phones
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Oct 2010, 20:59
When Motorola started to include multitouch on many of their Android phones, the question was, "Won't Apple sue?" and now we know the answer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. theman2050 (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2010, 23:59 3 0
thats a easy apple did not invent multitouch
9. Kieran (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2010, 07:39 0 0
What? i'm pretty sure that Motorola invented them funny enough, with the DynaTAC 8000x phone in 1973.
12. protozeloz posted on 31 Oct 2010, 15:56 0 0
Yeah apple invented the wheel an the magic too, don't ya know their devices use their silver magic to work?
C'mon Motorola was making phones way before apple decided to make them, don't ya know they created most things phones use up yo today?
And smartphones? Hahaha not even that belongs to them, look for SE p800 and tell me what you see, th only thing they did was refresh the way phones look, and the webkit.
The only thing they patented was dumb device to make its users believe everything they are told.
2. Rawrzellers posted on 31 Oct 2010, 00:13 2 0
LOL This is precious. Motorola is the only one to actually have grounds for sewing. The patent for Multi Touch should have been denied seeing as how it was a concept long before the iPhone. And I'm pretty sure the patent only covers the specifications for the iPhone and not a universal system for all phones.
3. steve (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2010, 00:14 0 0
Right, Apple invented finger tapping!
4. steve (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2010, 00:16 1 0
just like Al Gore invented the internet!
5. apple are criminals.. (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2010, 00:36 2 0
Apple invented how to steal others ground work and take their glory.. and how to be the largest arrogant dickheads in the industry.. well done steve jobs, your the king of assholes.. university of Toronto must love you for stealing their pioneer work on multitouch and touch gestures..
6. share it (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2010, 02:04 0 0
we all invented, we all created these beautiful monsters(the phone not gaga xD) who creating this phone molesting idea lol jk but for real its just a touchscreen in like 5 years or months this will be out of date and mind control will rule it >:D techno is so interesting :)
8. rafaelinux posted on 31 Oct 2010, 06:45 0 0
The fruit is named after the Company, not the other way. Perhaps they sue the fruit...
10. lou7764 (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2010, 11:48 0 0
LOL. Watch out Al Gore. I heard Apple invented the internet too. This is y i hate Apple.
11. Phullofphil posted on 31 Oct 2010, 14:08 0 0
maybe they might have the grounds for the specific gestures that uses multi touch but i dont see how they can even get a patent for something that is basically just a characteristic for what a capacitive screen can recognize. Which is more than one input at a time
13. Joshing4fun posted on 31 Oct 2010, 21:24 0 0
I'm so sick of all the lawsuits. Nobody is really getting hurt here so why does it matter?
14. funtoosh (unregistered) posted on 01 Nov 2010, 02:24 0 0
(Jokingly), who has patent for PICKING UP PHONE WITH FINGER TOUCH of button, (etc and add other things, will ya?) ........HAHAHHAHAH
15. maccmill posted on 01 Nov 2010, 16:30 1 0
Apple is like that slutty girl in highschool that bangs all the boys and then tries to get them arrested for rape.