Motorola starts software Test Drive program with DROID RAZR M KitKat test
0. phoneArena 24 Mar 2014, 09:28 posted on
It looks like Motorola is starting up an advanced soak test program called Test Drive, which will give users access to early software for a much longer timeframe than is usually done with a normal soak test. General soak tests usually don't last too long, and that's doubly true with Motorola. Every time we see a report about a soak test starting for a Moto X update, the full OTA is pushed out to users within a few days at most...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, the best part of this news is that Kitkat is finally coming to the 2012 Droids. It's not a bad turnaround time for older devices like that.
2. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
motorola have no quadcore phones, they should start making those
wouldnt mind a moto razr
5. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
but thats rubbish qc arm cortex a7 is useless sloew laggy
6. grahaman27 (Posts: 347; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Quad core is a buzzword. The thermal constraints of mobile phones makes quad core A15 more harmful than good.
The best SoC on the market is currently the A7 (dual core). Soon to be replaced by the tegra K1, then the SoC of the year will be the dual core Denver tegra k1
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Perhaps. In the meantime, the dual core chip in my Moto X still sings along as well as any quad core flagship. That's what it's like when you don't lay on a crap ton of stupid spaghetti code just to visually differentiate your phones.
9. mattkl (Posts: 176; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
I have to agree. My Droid Maxx is still my favorite, and runs as fast as the Note 3 (yes I have one).
Plus I can't get use to not having touchless controls and the camera feature on the X and new Droids is the best.
7. grahaman27 (Posts: 347; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It will get KitKat, probably in the next couple months.
10. AJmeBOY (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Any word on whether Motorola/Lenovo will be releasing a flagship this quarter to compete with Sammy, HTC, and LG?
Looking to upgrade my 3yo Razr Maxx...want to remain loyal to Moto but the S5 and HTC One are looking rather appealing....