Motorola skips Apple iPhone 5, compares Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD to Apple iPhone 4S
Apple iPhone 4S instead of the newer Apple iPhone 5. You can tell that it is not the newer model in the ad because of the older 30 pin connector seen on the bottom of the phone, instead of the newer lightening connector. Also, the Apple iPhone 5 has the earphone jack on the bottom, which is missing from the phone used in the Facebook spot.
The truth is, the Apple iPhone 4S isn't necessarily the easier phone for the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD to compete with. Even though it has a smaller 1432 mAh cell than the 1440 battery in the Apple iPhone 5, the latter's LTE connectivity could give the older iPhone a slightly longer average talk time than the newer model.
Motorola certainly wasn't trying to fudge the ad by using the Apple iPhone 4S instead of the Apple iPhone 5. After all, the 32 hours talk time on the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD is longer than the talk time of the Apple iPhone 4S and Apple iPhone 5 added together. All we can think is that maybe the iPhone 4S was the only model available at the time of the photo shoot. Or perhaps Motorola, like everyone else in the country, had to wait a few weeks for the phone to be delivered.
source: Motorola via AndroidAuthority
1. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:10 33 7
Okaaaay why does this matter? So what if its the 4S phone arena, THEIR ALL THE SAME!!!
5. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:27 25 1
They're** (grammar nazi mode activated)
32. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 12 Nov 2012, 03:23 2 1
Aha your right my bad, my grammar sucks!
35. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 12 Nov 2012, 07:35 0 0
It happens :)
38. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:08 0 0
And btw it's you're** :p
39. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:19 1 0
Texting is starting to take over my natural grammar. Nooooooo! Aha
7. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:29 5 1
They should had the Motorola Razr Maxx HD(Kind of a long title dont ya think lol) hooked up to the iPhone 4, 4S, and the 5!
34. PhenomFaz posted on 12 Nov 2012, 06:28 1 0
It just goes to show that iPhone 5 is a debacle and the 4s is defintely a better phone despite being older but not even the 4S holds a candle to the MAXX HD...there I shortened the title for you :)
41. darkkjedii posted on 12 Nov 2012, 15:10 0 0
Having had both I have to disagree bro
42. PhenomFaz posted on 13 Nov 2012, 04:39 0 0
its cool...personal opinions :)
i havent had any iphones though but a lot of my cousins(we're a BIG family) have had both and I have had plenty of time to play with both...It just seemed to me that iOS 6 especially is tailor-made for iPhone 4s as it functions much better on the 4S...but then again thats my personal opinion
37. Jobes posted on 12 Nov 2012, 11:48 1 1
Razr Maxx HD, iPhone 5 lol only a difference of 3 letters.
Motorola doesn't need to be included its like saying the Apple iPhone 5.
11. PAPINYC posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:54 2 0
I guess if you really read into it, it really doesn't matter
because as admitted in the article above the only two noticeable differences between the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, respectively, are that the latter has a different cutting-edge connector that allows time travel and a revolutionary headphone jack ('on the bottom....').
I doubt marketing execs' at Motorola were as concerned with the triVial and miNute iNsiGniFiCant differences on essentially the same ole' iPhone as the writer of this article. Who, by the vay', forgot to mention that one sure definitive way to tell the two models apart is to look at the iPhone's Camera Gallery; if you see purple pictures then it's an iPhone 5 and if you see "No Service" or "2G" it's either an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S.
12. -box- posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:59 1 0
The metal-band design is more recognizable than the boring monochromatic slab of the 5. It still isn't a GOOD design, but just more recognizeable.
33. KParks23 posted on 12 Nov 2012, 05:10 0 0
They should of compared it to that piece of glass that women bought... It's the same thing
2. JcHnd posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:14 14 0
That's a funny ad!... but maybe that's an iphone 4 in that image... because, you know... from 4 to 5 they´re the same... one is a rectangle with circular edges, the other has got a S in the name and the 5 is longer, but basically the same overpriced phone :p
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:21 8 0
maybe it doesnt matter which model it is and maybe they are saying the Maxx HD is simply better than the iphone as a whole!! whether new or old.........jus a thought
8. wendygarett (limited) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:47 2 10
Every phone has their strengths and weaknesses... Moto just wanna position himself to be a high battery phone compares to other...
Yup I confess moto is better on that, but still doesn't change my mind to pick iPhone tho :)
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:52 1 0
I was not giving my personal opinion on the matter wendy friend i was just pointing out what Moto may be trying to "completely" say with this ad so maybe phone arena could see more than just one side of the coin :)
14. wendygarett (limited) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:01 0 5
Yeah your right, I think phonearena is misunderstood the adv... I know that mate :)
Moto pick iphone4/4s is that the combination of these two make themselves mainstream IDK... And moto is trying to say the battery is best among the mainstream phone and not just iPhone tho...
I assume this is your thought, no? Lol
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:11 1 0
Well if it were me and my company i would be saying what they are saying, which is my battery is bigger than yours and last longer!.......And i would also be trying to promote my phone in every other catergory as well.........and while the maxx may not be better than iphone in every category you still have to point out WHAT is better than the competition in order to gain an advantage over them.......So personally I would just flat out say my phone is better than yours.......maybe just to spark a war between peoples thoughts and opinions on the products, FORCING them to gain more interest in both the Maxx HD and the Iphone 5 as well.......which will ultimately end up with them gaining more sales than usual.........Its No different from what Samsung and Apple is doing right now........Which is a big part of why Samsung has sold so many phones thus far.......not the main reason why......But a big part of the reason why...... :)
18. wendygarett (limited) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:17 2 2
Yeah your right about that too...
Man I'm start to fall in love to that razr maxx now if we keep continue to talk on that lol... Anyway, I understand your point now, thanks :)
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:32 1 0
lol....peace wendy :)
22. shandesilva posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:36 2 0
Be careful as not to fall in love with xperia knight himself :)
4. moyourBB posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:25 0 4
iPhonearena...why didn't you say that Apple skips others great tablets but instead compare the iPad mini to Nexus 7?
16. phil2n posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:12 0 0
and why are you crying here?
Post it on the tablet area
6. cfprelude posted on 11 Nov 2012, 19:28 1 0
Probably didn't use the 5 because even with lte it gets significantly (some reports indicate almost twice)... better battery life than the 4/4S.
13. AndroidShiz posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:00 7 2
Headphone jack is on the bottom...(mind blown)
17. christianqwerty posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:16 1 0
The amount of bias towards android is ridiculous. The Iphone 5 MIGHT have had better scores, so they compared it to the year old model.
20. wendygarett (limited) posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:28 0 0
Actually, I have a confident that razr maxx is better than iPhone 5 too in terms of battery
The reason they put iphone4/4s is because they are mainstream enough to describe as whole IMO...
24. squallz506 posted on 11 Nov 2012, 21:02 2 0
It's just an advertisement. It's not a comparison. no scores of and kind were mentioned. it is just a graphic jeez
27. PapaSmurf posted on 11 Nov 2012, 22:45 0 0
You must be new here if you think this site is biased to android.
iPhone arena.com loves sponsoring Apple, just ask Ray S. and John V.
19. redmd posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:28 0 0
because external chargers are not compatible with iPhone 5.
23. InspectorGadget80 posted on 11 Nov 2012, 20:41 0 0
LMFAO THAT PIC is so hilarious TAKE AWAY THE POWER BATTERY OF TTHE IPHONE. and Motorola should compare it to iPH5 not the shytty iPhone 4S
25. lyndon420 posted on 11 Nov 2012, 21:33 0 0
Moto was being fair by competing against apple's best. The 5 is/was a joke right out of the box.
26. Cacharoes posted on 11 Nov 2012, 22:31 0 0
The RAZR MAXX HD does not have 32 hours of Talk time, it is 21 hours.
It is 32 hours of mixed use based on Average Consumer Profile.
Still Better than Iphone but wrong number was bothering me too much.
28. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Nov 2012, 23:13 1 0
wow, you guys want to nit pick about Motorola's marketing but you won't post about a JB Leak for the MAXX HD? besides for all you guys know this could be directed at iPhone 4S owners.
29. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Nov 2012, 23:21 0 0
you guys even got the name of the phone mixed up. it's the Droid Razr MAXX HD, not the Droid Razr MAXX. how misleading.
30. Jphones posted on 11 Nov 2012, 23:56 0 0
"You can tell that it is not the newer model in the ad because of the older 30 pin connector." Ha and that's the only major difference.
31. gothicheart posted on 12 Nov 2012, 03:12 0 0
actually, there really is no difference between the ip 4s and the ip 5...so no issue here. both are still icrap
40. mydi.maus posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:44 0 0
THEIR NOT USING IPHONE5 BECAUSE IPHONE 5 USES A LIGHTNING!!