Motorola sends out soak test invites for RAZR HD and Maxx HD: 4.2?
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 20:15 posted on
A new e-mail has started hitting users from Motorola, and inviting users to join an unspecified soak test for the DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR Maxx HD. The e-mail doesn't mention what the soak test is for, but we'd say the smart money is on this being the testing for the Android 4.2 update for both devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. v2497 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
thank god! but when?-.- the screen glitch and the lack of ram and battery consumption is starting to get really annoying -.-
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
shoot, i've always thought battery life was pretty good on that thing. it was better than on both of the SIII's i've used.
13. v2497 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i ran lots of apps on 4.1.1 for two day without a charge...now i have to charge it like 2 times a day...but aleast it charges super fast. thats a plus in my book!
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
sadly it's not 4.2.
i received the email myself and it said it's just a small maintenance update.
i'm sure Moto has builds of 4.2 that are near completion though.
we'll probably learn more from the reps at the Moto X press conference.
6. Sniggly (Posts: 6400; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I have to ask, has any US flagship phone which didn't ship with it gotten 4.2 yet?
8. v2497 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
nexus 3 and the htc one will get soon i believe.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
considering how intent Motorola was at updating nearly every handset that can handle it to 4.1 i think it would be pretty safe to assume the 4.2 update is coming sooner rather than later. last i heard it was in testing for the Atrix HD and the Razr HD models.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6400; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Comment posted because apparently Phonearena doesn't like to enable auto follow anymore.