Motorola says update information for Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD was a typo
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2013, 12:18 posted on
Thanks to one of our loyal PhoneArena readers, Motorola admitted that the information on its website, which we used as the basis for a story on the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD, was a mistake; you might recall that on Sunday night, we told you that according to the Motorola Support site, the long-lasting Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD was forever stuck with Android 4.1.2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
2. menaV1 (Posts: 21; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
That's great that there using my screen shots ^_^
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
They're not all your screenshots. The first one is mine. :p
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I guess that "Thanks, Anonymous Tipsters!" part at the end is void now.
11. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Not like it was all that anon to begin with. That's me talking to Punit in the first screenshot, and I never specified that I wanted anonymity. :p
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11302; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Yes Sniggly we know you inquired about it. No one's trying to take credit for it.
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It was with palpable relief that i read that reply by Punit. Can't wait for a certain someone to read this article.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11302; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
A typo huh? Looks more like a PR move to save themselves from backlash .
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11302; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well you've chosen to do the same with apple.
13. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3776; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Then neither of you is any better than the other. So how 'bout we can the grade school crap and have some decent discussions going forward?
16. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Any examples, or are you talking out of your ass like usual?
21. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Sniggly, will you please stop taking pot shots at Mxy.
22. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hahaha, wait. Are you serious? Do you really think I'm going to follow your orders? Mxy is a big boy troll. He can take care of himself.
23. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
And you wonder why you missed the massive sales on the 5C despite all those photos of unsold 5C in your shop.
When you make an opinion, that's okay. However, when Mxy make an opinion, out comes the Sniggly opinion police!
24. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
"Massive" sales? Every report coming out about the iPhone 5c corroborates that no matter how many were sold, it wasn't nearly as many as Apple expected.
And I've said before and will say again, it's fine for Mxy to have an opinion. However, he often makes factually wrong statements (and seemingly bases his opinions on the facts he gets wrong) so here I am to set the record straight. This, strangely enough, is your stated reason for signing up on this site, despite the fact that your arrogance and knowledge base can only muster up a right to wrong ratio of .500 or so.
20. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Protest all you want, but I'd rather have a Maxx HD stuck on 4.1 than an iPhone on iOS 7.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I knew it. Deliver the goods soon, Motorola.
15. Razrman (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Motorola has to update their phones if they want to keep selling.
17. extremeblizz (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
What about the Droid Razr M? It's basically the same software, most updates have come out at about the same time for all 3 devices, yet the Razr HD/ HD Maxx are listed as upgrade decision pending and the Razr M isn't... Should I (as a Razr M owner) also email Mr. Soni?
19. Beholder88 (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Luckily I got my RAZR MAXX HD right after it came out, and before the bootloader unlock exploit was fixed. I can pretty much run whatever I want on mine without having to wait for updates from Moto/Google/Verizon/
25. FlyOnTheWall (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
Anybody have the url from the 2nd screen shot? I'd like to sign up for the email if/when the update comes.... Thanks!
26. menaV1 (Posts: 21; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
just go to Motorola software upgrade page and it asks you if you want to receive emails