Motorola puts a placeholder for the Moto X+1 on the Moto Maker website
0. phoneArena 02 May 2014, 03:36 posted on
We first caught a whiff that Motorola might introduce a Moto X successor about a month ago, and the rumor was titling it Moto X+1. This time around, the speculation around the name suddenly got confirmed straight from the horse's... err... Motorola's mouth. When you replace the Moto G codename (FLEXR1) in the Moto Maker website address bar with FLEXR2, a placeholder site for the Moto X+1 appears, as you can see in the screenshots below, or for yourself when you visit the source link...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Very excited to see what Motorola has for the future hope this phone won't be us exclusive
8. LoveHater (Posts: 164; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
with all the Google top brass left the Motorola after Lenovo deal,, there woulf be no such innovations like last year instead they will go like Lenovo way
Just bump the Hardware spec and name them X+1/2/3/4
Moto days over ,,sooner or later moto g's ,x's, e's wiil have ugly,crappy Chinese Skin
10. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
I don't think so lenovo agreed that they won't Interfere with motorola software wich means we will still enjoy Motorola hardware and software for the future also I am quite interested in about the colabrtion phone with lenovo so get facts right
4. sriuslywtf (Posts: 285; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
whats the deal with this "One" and "Plus"?
It seems to be a trend to name flagships with either "One" or "Plus"...
And its getting annoying.. Really.. You should start hiring people who does naming for your device...
6. Planterz (Posts: 1280; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It's the parlance of our times (to quote The Dude). People +1 things, then Google adpopted it, and Google owned Motorola when the X came out, and probably already had plans for its successor to be the +1.
But yeah, there's too many similarly named phones now.
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4795; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Let's not blow anything out of proportion. Last time the rumor train ran with moto x news that was based mostly on speculation and hype it turned out to be a modest phone compared to the competition.
12. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2076; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
You could replace the name moto x with almost any other phone name and the statement would still be correct.
13. troutsy (Posts: 287; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Unless the competition is the iPhone, then the moto X is a flagship.
11. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Hope that they put nexuxs like hardware with the same price of the x
15. jphillips63 (Posts: 188; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Only way I'd ever consider it is if it supports a micro sd card
16. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
I hate all these names. Galaxy S 5 this is how you name a phone. I don't even like the Galaxy Phones that much but at least they understand how to advertize and keep things simple.