Motorola pushing out Android 4.4.4 in India, to a trio of Moto models
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2014, 11:39 posted on
Motorola India took to its Twitter account to inform everyone that it has started pushing out Android 4.4.4 to the Motorola Moto X, Motorola Moto G, and the Motorola Moto E in the country. The updates are being sent out OTA. The update brings a new dialer to the three models, along with the usual security and stability improvements...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aayupanday (Posts: 517; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Gotta update mine. Nice job Moto...
Great decision to go with Moto G in a sea of crappy plasticky Samsung phones.
3. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2306; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Right. I guess you must have got the elusive Moto G:Titanium Edition.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3639; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Not saying I approve of Motorola devices but if you pay that much for a phone least they could do is offer better materials.
7. tech2 (Posts: 2165; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2306; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Anyone can switch out the back cover of their phone, man. Point is that the Moto G is still plastic too.
16. aayupanday (Posts: 517; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Atleast they're not bloated as touchwiz also their plastic has a lot better feel than Samsung's.
19. mridul007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jul 2014)
true story, samsung phones are so dumbass ! and btw g2a5b0e which phone do u have ?
2. peace247 (Posts: 90; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Watch and learn...everyone
5. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2040; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
This is great work from Motorola, rolling out the latest updates to their phones ASAP. Other Android OEMs should learn from Motorola.
9. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I was thinking to go with Moto G, but at the last moment went with Canvas Gold A300. Not sure if i made a good choice.
10. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
You have made wrong decisition bro !
Heloo samsung & other oems watch and learn from MOTO G & MOTE E ..
what samsung and other oems releasing IS LAGGY AND BUGGY pathetic budget phone.. a perfect phone for indian & China market.
A HUGE APPLAUD FOR MOTO SERIES !
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2040; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Micromax Gold will work just fine for sometime, but in the longer run, the Moto G would've been a little better.
11. Blaz86 (Posts: 14; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
And what about the non indian versions? Like my Retail.GB?
13. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
That phone rocks the benchmarks for the price tag it has got. So... went with it.
I don't really understand what you mean by saying Gold will "work just fine for sometime". What'll happen after that "sometime"?
14. blazee (Posts: 283; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
never make a decision based on benchmarks, they mean pretty much nothing in the real world. Especially those from samsung, its a fact they use tricks to boost the scores
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
They use smart programing, where it detects intensive tasks kicks in.
18. blazee (Posts: 283; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
nahh youre wrong. The chipps only crank up to the benchmark software thats white listed . You use the same software and change its name and run it again and you wont get the same performance
17. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2040; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Well, Micromax phones are known for not lasting very long. So if you plan on using your phone for more than a year, I don't think the Gold will fit that bill.
20. tarek1980 (Posts: 55; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Motorola, Sony & HTC all provided 4.4.4 update, where are you Samsung ???!!!
Samsung provide smartphones and forget about them.
21. Genza (Posts: 221; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
This is the advantage if you don't flood the market with hundreds of products every year, even the low-end phone get better support for updates than some high end products from other major OEMs.
some manufacturers such as Sony and HTC is getting better in terms of updates.
But if you want a quality product at an affordable price and fast updates for now there is no better phone than the Mote E, G and Google Nexus.
22. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 459; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Nice, while most of european Moto's are still on 4.4.2
24. ashwin.arena (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
Great Moto! Thanx for the quick release! My Moto-G is waiting the KK-44 sweetness.