Motorola prepping new DROID with larger screen for Q4 delivery
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 08:55 posted on
Last October, we passed along some speculation regarding Motorola. At the time, there was talk of a sequel to the Motorola DROID Ultra that was called the DROID Quantum, but that this never materialized. Now, according to a tipster with a history of providing accurate information about Motorola, the Lenovo-owned company is working on a new DROID model for a fourth quarter release...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
really loved the moto x and g..... lets hope this phone includs micro SD card.....
8. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Seriously, who the hell cares/needs a damn FM radio on their smartphone?
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3541; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
People like me in Asian countries where there are no charges and no data required for FM.
15. TheMan (Posts: 441; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
FM...commonly sought feature in Europe and elsewhere, which also uses no data.
For me it's a "nice to have" item, but I'd use it if I had it.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's going to be for VERIZON when u see the DROID NAME it won't be for any other carrier. and plus MOTO will never US SD CARD. until they do i won't buy a MOTO PHONE.
18. SupermanayrB (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
This, a better camera & infrared. The latter I could do without but definitely a better camera & SD expansion. Those two are the reasons I went from the DROID Maxx to the Note 3. I miss Moto's UI though.
2. jellmoo (Posts: 927; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
"Another way would be for Motorola to reduce the size of the bezels on the phone. Most manufacturers are doing both with their high-end models."
Huh... You might want to send the M8 and Z2 that memo...
5. sgodsell (Posts: 2406; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Have you seen the moto x? The bezels are already small on the moto x. The moto x is 5.09" in height and it has a 4.7" amoled display.
6. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Now that we've solve the problem of the side bezels, let us now focus our attention in dealing with the top and bottom ones.
9. wildhammer (Posts: 56; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
I really loved the moto x and g design. I hope they follow it...
10. Orion78 (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Ummm why would you wonder if the sequel to the Ultra be a 6.3 inch phablet? The "Quantum" and the moto phablet are two different phones. One is the follow up to the Droid line and the other is part of the moto x and g line. Stop trying to create confusion for your readers. Thanks.
13. grahaman27 (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
thats bizarre, I agree, but they do need to do something to differentiate it from the moto x. But, making a 6.3 inch phablet is probably not the answer.
16. Orion78 (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Huh? Almost every OEM has their phablet line. Lucky for me, I'm into large screens.
12. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Damn it Motorola I just switched to my Samsung for a Note 3 and now this!!! I guess I may be switching back come Q4...
19. SupermanayrB (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I did that at the end of January. I went into it hoping that it will be a temporary solution until Moto steps their game up.