Motorola patents neck tattoo that acts as a microphone and lie detector
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2013, 10:43 posted on
Back in the dark days of March 2012, we told you about Nokia's patent application for a removable ferromagnetic ink tattoo that would send you haptic feedback whenever your phone receives a call; different callers could be tied to different vibration patterns so that you could tell who is calling without having to look at your phone. Now, Motorola has received a patent for a similar, but functionally different idea...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2468; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah. They will add this to every single baby immediately when they born. Would be creepy
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5468; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Who knows, maybe in the future if citizens still be so puppets like now.
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah... I'll pass... I don't care how amazing you can take this technology. I will never attach something like that to my body
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They don't need anything as long as the best surveillance device -- smartphone -- is around. Richard Stallman doesn't kep a cell phone.
27. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah those movies of us been controlled and monitored are starting to look like a reality
28. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Am I the only one or does this sound like a mark of the beast?
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5468; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In U.S. your neck will be carrier branded. :D
24. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1315; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
that's just what the German Jewish community thought in WW2
11. GoGoGalaxyNexus (Posts: 30; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
Imagine the day our smartphones are replaced by a tattoo...Sometimes technology needs to slow down a little so we can be ready for it
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Radiation? Thyroid cancer?! Maybe not, but still.. lol.
15. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
This is awesome!
...If you are the one tattooing this on people while they're sleeping. Get notifications on your phone everytime they say a lie. Talk about high-tech stalking!
19. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 199; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Rage-ending your call and slamming your finger to your neck and missing
25. xfire99 (Posts: 442; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Cool, but I dont want a tattoo on the neck. Unless it can be move freely to put anyhwere and washable.
29. LindaC (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
"Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself."
FDR's First Inaugural Address