Motorola patents are apparently worth $5.5 billion
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Jul 2012, 11:26
Google's SEC filings reveal how they value Motorola's assets, including a whopping $2.6 billion for "goodwill" that they expect to realize from synergies that form between the two companies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. Ohrules posted on 25 Jul 2012, 13:45 4 1
nexus phones are already great. imagine how cool would a nexus be if it was built solely by Google
4. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 11:48 7 0
If they can be used as leverage to stop all the endless patent wars, they'd be considered priceless.
5. Birds posted on 25 Jul 2012, 11:54 2 0
Considering that, I see why apple would rather sue then play nice. lol
6. networkdood posted on 25 Jul 2012, 12:41 4 0
Moto Nexus will be out in late 4Q 12/ 1Q 2013....gonna sell like them hotcakes :0)
7. omacmagics posted on 25 Jul 2012, 12:45 2 5
Not a big fan of Motorola phones due to there hideous once then Moto blur skin and there camera humps. Now with Google at the helm I'll buy a Nexus Motorola if the phone is streamlined nicely, a 3000+ battery, quad core love, great GPU for gaming like what the Nexus 7 has and pure android OS. Did I miss anything?
8. cptbeatstix posted on 25 Jul 2012, 13:30 1 3
You missed that part where the majority of people using phones don't need a ridiculous GPU (not that I would complain) for gaming since only a small portion of cellular users are gamers (on a phone gaming.) There really is no reason to have a quad-core, but meh that's just my point.
12. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 20:33 0 2
people need to stop fooling themselves into thinking you need a quadcore just to have a great gaming experience, dual core krait and a good amount of memory (16gb or 32gb) is all you will need for some time to come ...
10. Jimstar posted on 25 Jul 2012, 15:03 0 3
the sad part is, aside from the fact you can't distinguish "there" from "their" is that the Tegra3's GPU isn't even that impressive anymore. Hell there are last generation A9 dual core SoC's with higher performing GPU's
11. denied911 (banned) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 15:38 1 1
my sgs3 has better gpu so what?
tegra 3 is still good enough for this year
next year next tegra
13. Jimstar posted on 25 Jul 2012, 21:24 0 1
Never said it wasn't. Way to miss the point