Motorola now has a hardware partner for its Project Ara's modular phones
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2013, 09:29 posted on
Remember Phonebloks? It's a simple enough concept, yet practical constraints are plenty, to say the least. And while we were busy getting our geek on at the prospects it introduces...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. imMature (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Other manufacturers should consider competing with Motorola. More competition, more innovation!
3. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
That would be awesome. It'll be like the iPhone but with ultimate customization, for tecchier people and hopefully on Android's side!
Plot twist: This will run BB10 only.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 1878; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I dont get how it will be like the iPhone in any one way, unless you mean overpriced. Hopefully not.
11. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
My bad. I meant that (hopefully) it'll be as popular as the iPhone so it gets the traction it deserves.
4. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
This could be absolutely epic if it works like they are saying it will.
5. Stuntman (Posts: 754; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I'm hoping for a landscape slider keyboard module.
7. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Phonebloks is such a superb idea. I really think a modular phone could be hugely popular.
8. jjong2 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
i hold my thubs for Motorola's success.
9. mcshank (Posts: 47; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
This would be the best thing since the Iphone came out which helped push smartphones into the everyday market. Now, if we can get it to carry multiple OS's that can be changed at any time would be ideal. Having the option of Android, Ios, Windows or BB10 would make this the ultimate phone.
10. caustictoast (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
iOS will never happen. No one wants BB10 to happen. Windows maybe but Microsoft has some pretty strict requirements. Android is the only real option