Motorola makes it rain with 1 million phones sold in 5 months, thanks to Flipkart
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2014, 02:38 posted on
Motorola is apparently reaping the benefits of its great value-for-money Android phone offerings, as it has sold more than a million of those in only five months, and in just one market, albeit a huge one. The Indian e-tailer success story Flipkart was chosen by Motorola as an exclusive distributor of its popular Android poster boys, like the Moto G, Moto X, or Moto E...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Flipkart also provide worst service , just saying.
2. lalalaman (Posts: 623; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
How is snapdeal doing in india.?? I'm seeing all these online stores ads on indian channels here in Pakistan
5. alexsupertramp (unregistered)
Flipkart has awesome shipping times and the service generally depends on the seller.
But Snapdeal is a whole another story.the shipping times are horrendous...never had bad shipping with flipkart ever.
once brought a 3D 47In. LG tv and was shipped 20 days later..and the funny thing is it was not shipped to my home..but stark opposite to where i live by 500Kms.
and just 20 days ago brought a new 40In VU Full HD TV and came home 15 days later.
so you get an idea about how snapdeal is compared to flipkart.
9. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Snapdeal is PIA.. Flipkart Delivery is very fast, but Flipkart is doing way much censoring in User Reviews..
13. himeshshah (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Flipkart is only interested in selling their products. They don’t check any quality or if the product is suitable or not. They just show anything which they think they can sell.
I brought Tablet Cover from Flipkart. I did received it as promised but was NOT suitable for which it was shown. My Tablet slipped out of the Cover & got heavily damaged.
When I gave my feedback when they asked for & I wrote what I have mentioned above, they asked me to edit & finally did not posted.
3. GeekOB (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Jun 2014)
Flipkart service is great... way better than its competitors..
4. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 968; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Small screen, low battery life, no buy
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Atleast no cheap chinese crap and mediatek sh*t. :)
11. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 968; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Yet bigger screen and better battery life than Moto crap
7. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2060; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Moto G is a great phone. I gifted one to my sister, and she loves it. And Flipkart is really good, quick and is a trust worthy online retailer if you ask me. Got my order within a day.
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Motorola is winning hearts. First with Moto G and now with Moto E and last but not the least is their updates. Totally awesome. I think they learned few things from Google like product prices and updates.
12. anasnazeer (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
I really love this phone, i want to use it as my side kick phone. I've been looking for this phone online everywhere but I can't seem to find it. Hurry up, Motorola! Release this phone already :< 11000-10000 price and this phone will be sold like hot cakes.
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Where you from? In India you can get it from flipkart (INR 6999) and eBay.in (INR 7999).
19. anasnazeer (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
From Pakistan. Can't seem to find this phone. My friend in India suggested this phone, since then I want it.
21. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Don't you have any online site like flipkart in your country to buy it? If not then you have to wait for its arrival.
22. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2060; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You can try to ship it from India or the US maybe. Its pretty cheap all over the world.
14. Bondurant (Posts: 407; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Started using flipkart since maybe 5 years ago. Best service and reliability. Never had problems. And great to see their progress 5 years on.
15. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
indians choose this phone over cheap samsusung models and other indian brands
16. Aplusk (Posts: 118; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
Indians has seen nokia soul in moto e . . .lol. . . it has decent battery life, very stock experience and nice built quality.
I bought two moto e from flipkart (another for my friend). . . .you wont believe first few months, i was not able to place order coz it gets out of stock just in hours as soon as it comes to stock. I guess this is most sold online phone in india. Flipkart is best !
18. frustyak (Posts: 205; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
I think we in the US sometimes take for granted how much 'disposable' income we have to spend on items like cell phones. It's rare, but I have seen comments on PA where people will simply move on to another phone when they've gotten bored with their current one, getting 3+ phones in one year.
But for most, $300 for a phone, $600+ for a flagship (off-contract prices) is NOT a casual purchase. When you put that much money into it, you want to get your money's worth because you're going to have to live with the decision for a while. That's why it's so refreshing to see Motorola put some real quality into their affordable handsets.
20. peace247 (Posts: 163; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Flipkart is great.my friend has moto g.His headphone that he got in the box started misbehaving. So he called flipkart and they refund him rs 800 ie 13.34 $. And again he was resetting his moto g and in the middle of it he switched off the phone (i donno why!) as a result it was not booting so he again asked flipkart for replacement and in two days they send him a new set.
23. brasstax (Posts: 230; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Well good for Motorola/Lenovo so far. Better bask in the sunshine while it lasts. Once the mi3 is launched in a week or so, every single brand in India, big & small, will have no where to hide. Snapdragon 809, 3gb ram & adreno 330 get for 15k. Game. Set. Match xiaomi.
As regards after sales support, I have 3 points..
1. Xiaomi have tremendous respect in their home market, China. They have earned it over 3 years by providing top end hardware at cost price. It's a well documented fact that xiaomi's main source of revenue is their apps.
2. The critical components like the SoC, screen & ram, are the same ones found in global flagship phones. Which means the components are inherently of premium quality since they are obviously sourced from the same places.
3. Xiaomi wouldn't be where they are now, if they have been providing iffy after sales support