Motorola makes it easier to switch from the Apple iPhone to a new Motorola model
0. phoneArena 21 Jan 2014, 20:17 posted on
The Motorola Migrate app is now available from the Google Play Store, making it a snap for Apple iPhone users to switch to a newer Motorola made smartphone powered by Android. The app allows for the transfer of contacts and calendar information from iOS (via iCloud) to the Motorola Moto X, Motorola Moto G, Motorola DROID MAXX, Motorola DROID Ultra and Motorola DROID Mini...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Killertech2099 (Posts: 148; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Well can't say android is difficult anymore hahaha
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12031; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This article is misleading. You're talking about moving from android phones and the iPhone to the Motorola X. Only calendars and contacts transfer over.
4. Alan01 (Posts: 358; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Let's review this, shall we, because it is in the story.
iOS to Motorola : Contacts and calendar
Android to Motorola: text history, video, call history and SIM contacts.
Says so right in the story...there is nothing misleading about it.
Now what happens if I trick you into saying your name backward?
7. Whateverman (Posts: 3251; Member since: 17 May 2009)
(Now what happens if I trick you into saying your name backward)
ROFLMAO, Yes!!! I wonder if the Teen Titan fans even know what you just did there?
8. Killertech2099 (Posts: 148; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Hahah he got burned, Alan is correct the title make the whole story true
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12031; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
No Alan if you post a misleading title, such as the one for this article, people will get the wrong impression. Your title and article gives readers the impression that it's easy to change from the iPhone to the Motorola X. You fail to mention that only two things switched over.
Now if you had said "Motorola makes it easy to switch from your old phone to a Motorola X" then the title would've made more sense. That's the overall impression I'm getting from the article and not the misleading title.
I can see professionalism and good journalism isn't native to you, but you should try it. Save yourself some credibility.
15. techguyone (Posts: 199; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Accept it Mxytroll you just got pwned (again)
18. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
u realize no one likes you, right?
25. andynaija (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
That's not true, it's just the way he says things that some people don't like. I'm sure there're people that like him.
21. JunitoNH (Posts: 1663; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Ha Ha that was cute Alan, Do you want him to go away? not too many people are familiar with that character, that's ol' skool.
5. elitewolverine (Posts: 5117; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Thought it was like the MS app for help moving not just info but suggesting apps as well.
Good move imo for Motorola, will be able to use this at the job.
9. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
With the App "AirDroid" you can also move all your pictures & music from iTunes over also... In fact the only thing you can't move is games. I've moved all my video from my iMac over to Androids Samsung Note. Not all but the ones i want on my phone.
10. rizwanazad (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
All such Apps helps transfering data from one OS to another or from one device to another assuming that you will retain your older device while buying the new device. But what if I sell off my older device to get a hand on a new device? Like I just upgraded from Note II to Note III. First sold off Note II, took the cash, included the deficit amount and got the Note III. In this case all I coud get in the name of back up was my contact and calender. Any suggestion is welcome though,considering that I might be missing some point.
12. andynaija (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Well if you had a microSD card from the old Note you could put it in the new one that way you have your pictures, music, and other files.
20. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
yeap, i like that method wayyy better, n contacts on a gmail acount that goes with you too.
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Subliminally it also implies that there is no need for an app to leave Moto to iOS or wp.